Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 10:20 AM

Council tennants in England restricted to one pet

Saw this this morning on News24, tennants are only being allowed one dog, or one cat.

There was a collumnist giving her views in the interview, the first thing she came out with was, " I can understand why neighbours are concerned with a person having two Rottweillers or other dangerous dogs like that ".

Sue Collins was her name I think, so i've drawn a line through her name instead of under it.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Saw this this morning on News24, tennants are only being allowed one dog, or one cat.

There was a collumnist giving her views in the interview, the first thing she came out with was, " I can understand why neighbours are concerned with a person having two Rottweillers or other dangerous dogs like that ".

Sue Collins was her name I think, so i've drawn a line through her name instead of under it.
It was in Nottingham I think...

Maybe people should only have 1 child, as they make a noise and cause trouble too.....
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 10:26 AM
cheeky sod,i think the rottie has had as much bad press latley,when you here of a dog attack you really only hear of the pitbull and rottie attacks,not the collie,or boxer,or jrt,or anyother dog attacks for that matter,years ago wheni was young,i got bit by a poodle,and the family oldenglish,which scaried my leg,and a bloody great dane,in fact iv had more dog bites form every other blooming breed,when i worked in the kennels than,the rotties or boxers,never a staff or a pitbull so the councils should forget theyre good samritan bit and get on with sorting out the bins getting emptied,

sorry rant over
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I think the rule's gonna be implimented all over England.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 10:38 AM
how can they police it though nero,seriously,will they knock on all theyre doors and ask ppl to hand over there excess dogs,
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I live in an housing association house, and over my dead body will I rehome on of my dogs because of some stupid law

This is rediculous, everyone has to suffer becuase of some stupid idiots owning dogs for the wronge reason, I live in a HA property because I cant afford to buy a house at the moment, why should people who are on lower incomes suffer, it should be a rule for all if they are to inforce the stupid thing
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
how can they police it though nero,seriously,will they knock on all theyre doors and ask ppl to hand over there excess dogs,
I can't see them getting away with that, but when a new tennant takes a council house, it'll be in the conditions of tennancy, if you breech those conditions, you'll be evicted.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 10:45 AM
To be honest I don't even think it has anything to do with types of dogs. What the councils should have said is that anyone who has a banned breed will either have to have their dog destroyed/put on the register or they will have their home removed, not add a load of dogs which they 'think' are dangerous which really only effects innocent law abiding people.
Quite simply they should send the housing officer round to every one of their homes unannounced and if the owners have what they think is a banned breed then to report it to the police.
As usual the dogs are bearin the brunt of the irresponsible dog owners who, no matter what happens, will still keep their dogs regardless.
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Cats were also discussed, some folks have six or more, neighbours have complained about cats destroying flower beds etc,
As it stands in Scotland, a cat has whats called " a roving commission " they're allowed to roam free, dogs on the other hand must be kept under control.
Have you ever seen a cat being taken into custody by the wardens.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 10:56 AM
nanny state,a load of old tosh if you ask me,i cant see them being able to police it,the pitbull ownership is rising,its cool for yobs to own them and with all the man power they have they cant sort it out,i doubt the council will be able to implement there laws either,sorry xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >