Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Nope, never would.
Don't think it matters what breed you have, or if they are neutered...if someone wants to steal them, they will.

Not just that, what if someone hurts them, or another dog takes a dislike to them, and attacks....you aren't there to stop anything happening.

What if your dog (no matter how friendly) takes a dislike to another dog, or a person?

What if someone decides to untie your dog??

No way!
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi,
No i wont leave me Amy outside a shop I dont think Any onw would try to take her given her size & breed but there will always be someone willing to chance it especially when they notice how friendly she is.
Also when on lead she goes ballistic if an off lead dog runs up to her thanks to the idiots who cant control their unfriendly off lead dogs!! ,i can control her,funny enough all i have to do is take her lead off put her in a sit & hold her collar but would be a bit hard if i was in the shop!!

sarah
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2005, 02:31 PM
nope, nevah
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:31 PM
we used to with our previous dog...a collie cross and we lived in a village where everyone knew each other....now its gotten too big...i now live in a town (sorry City) and would never leave her outside a shop...even if we park up on MiL driveway and leave her in the car i keep checking every 2-3 mins...im terrrible for panicking !
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:34 PM
With no shops in seight of where I live, I´m useally by car when going to them and Ally will wait in the car
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:39 PM
We haven't got a shop near us anymore - it closed last February - but I definitely wouldn't take a dog to anywhere busy and leave it outside Tesco or somewhere - even if someone doesn't steal it you don't know what they are doing to your dog whilst you are in the shop. I would never ever leave a baby outside a shop in a pram either - a lady at school does this everymorning for about 10 minutes - I would be too scared of some weirdo pinching it.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:40 PM
In Aus I did all the time, but one day I caught the shop owners brat of a child kicking my dog, so I kicked him and never went back (I was 18 years old and had a bit of a temper at the time so I saw red when I saw my dog being kicked she was 9 and was a docile thing )

I used to leave them tied up but not now. When I go into work and the dog has come with me, if I have to go to the bank then I take the dog in with me, and if I want a sandwich, if I have managed to park on the main road right outside a lunch bar then I will put him back in the car so I can see it from the shop, I never leave the dogs in the car out of sight. If I havent managed to get a parking space on the high street then I stop at a garage.

But when I'm getting a sandwich in town I'm only in the store for 10 mins max. The whole time I am watching the car.

I'm a bit paranoid, but only because both Goldens and Flatcoats (most people dont know what a flattie looks like, but there are few round here so most local's know what they are) have been stolen, or gone missing on the forest.

So No Never do I leave them tied up
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I would never ever leave a baby outside a shop in a pram either - a lady at school does this everymorning for about 10 minutes - I would be too scared of some weirdo pinching it.
So would I ! That women is a bit silly doing that !
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 02:47 PM
No I never could leave them outside shops...

I would worry about them getting stolen

Takoda would also jump at at passers by without me there to calm him...He loves people and has to give everyone kisses...So we could get in trouble

And I would also worry about people tampering with them in anyway shape or form

They are like my kids and I wouldn't leave a toddler outside a shop unattented.

Like amts if we go to the store in the truck, so long as it's cooler weather we take them with us sometimes on our way back from some place we have walked them and they wait in the truck...But we always make sure we are quick and even then I am quite paraniod the whole time!! Everyone tells me that anyone would be nuts to try and break in with those two in there but they are both so friendly.

We will only leave them in the truck at the really large suerstores where the car parks are packed and with lots of people milling about as people tend not to do anything dodgy with so many people to see them. Even then we back the truck up into one of those spots where they have tall shrubs and stuff so the dogs can't easily be seen inside.

One reason I feel akward about leaving them in the car or truck is because me and my mum took the dogs out together and went in her car and we had a brick chucked through the window while we were gone...I stupidly left my jacket in the car and they stole it and my cell phone which I even more stupidly left inside said jacket pocket!!...Grrrr...Anyway if the dogs had of been in there at the time these hooligans would have probably still done it as the dogs would have been behind the dog guard separating them from the front where they took the jacket. The glass was everywhere and lots went in the back of the car where the dogs went It really upset me to think if they had of been in there

I just don't trust anyone or anything!!!!
tricks
Dogsey Junior

16-11-2005, 02:52 PM
no way would i leave my dogs outside the shops where i stay the amount of lost photos or stolen photos on lampost is amazing the poor folks that have lost them must be totally shocked to find there dogs missing.i would not like that to ever happen god forbid.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »