Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
have you got the speakers pluged in can you hear any sound when you play the music cd on your pc

goto / START / PROGRAMME / ACCESSORIES / ENTERTAINMENT / VOLUME CONTROL / OPTIONS / PROPERTIES / then have a look volume control / CD player.

Hi Fred,

Yes the speakers sound fine and all the volumes are okay, I have just looked. I can play music in my library on my media player and that sounds fine - just not DVD's
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2005, 11:12 AM
http://www.divx.com/divx/

load down the bundle and install it as usual at you own risk but it sounds as you have a codec missing and normally to install this bundle is enough for your dvd`s to play read it through first it`s free and very good
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.divx.com/divx/

load down the bundle and install it as usual at you own risk but it sounds as you have a codec missing and normally to install this bundle is enough for your dvd`s to play read it through first it`s free and very good

Thanks for that Fred - although I have downloaded it but it still won't work It just keeps saying that I need a compatible DVD decoder so it looks as if I will have to buy one from somewhere because there doesn't appear to be any free ones that you can download.

Thanks for all your help though
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks for that Fred - although I have downloaded it but it still won't work It just keeps saying that I need a compatible DVD decoder so it looks as if I will have to buy one from somewhere because there doesn't appear to be any free ones that you can download.

Thanks for all your help though
http://www.dvd-x-player.com/

that is free don`t have to buy one some have a trial period
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Fred - I have just found one and downloaded it and it works great but I just wondered if you could have a look at the site for me and make sure it is okay.

www.Cliprex.com is the website. It says it is free but can you just give it a once over and make sure there isn't something I have missed please
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2005, 12:02 PM
just had a look and installed it and can`t find any catches save you buying one usually only a codec missing
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2005, 12:06 PM
just had a look and installed it and can`t find any catches save you buying one usually only a codec missing

Thanks Fred Yes I didn't really want to buy one because I don't usually play DVD's on the computer but its nice to know that you can if you want to isn't it Thanks for your help - very helpful as usual
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Windows Media player v8, 9 and 10 don't come with a DVD codec pre-installed - guess that this is something to do with uncompetitive practises. I've been told that if you download the 30 day trial version of PowerDVD, the codec carries on working through Windows Media player after the 30 days is up

I've also tried this one:

Media Player Classic v6.4.8.4
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2