Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:10 PM

Same People Rehoming Dogs?

Is there such a thing as people who rehome dogs on a regular basis? I suspect, very sadly, that there is
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:18 PM
ive heard of people getting pups, then rehoming them when they are older just to get another pup... and then it continues on like that.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:23 PM
or what about the guy who handed one in, and then came back six months later asking to adopt one, or the guy who handed one in cos it was too bouncy getting another pup, or the people who hand one in and take the collar and lead off, you know damn well that they are off to get another one, these people just don't realise that dogs are work and that you get out what you put in, can you tell i'm a little disheartened with the whole rescue thing today, not the dogs i hasten to add, But people that have no clue, ruining perfectly good dogs, and then leaving other people to pick up the pieces, just makes me so sad and frustrated, and the people you mention come into that category
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Don't get me started....

Theres a nutjob a few doors down..who also happens to be the mother of my neices ex boyfriend (and father of my G nephew!)

She had dogs when we moved in..(5or 6yrs ago) and they dissappeared..then she got a couple of little terrier type crosses, then she got rid and my neice took them..2wks later she got a Bassett hound...then 3 wks after that she got another one...3wks later it was for sale as she didn't have time to toilet train it..so its gone..

Neice asked ex to watch his son and the dogs a week or so ago as she was working a nightshift..he said yes and she took the dogs down..and left them there..his mother texted her telling her she was appalled at neices behaviour and that she should never have gotten dogs if she couldn't look after them!! and told her they were going to the cat and dog home and not to come back for them...Only 4 days later did my neice find out that the dogs were still there and picked them up!!

THESE are the dogs that used to be hers and she decided she didn't want them!!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes I've known of many, and all of them say they are true dog lovers, yet the dogs go in an out like nobodies business. My landlady is the current one, since I've been here (Oct last year) she has rehomed 4 dogs and has another waiting to go. The sad thing is that as soon as they depart she reuses their names almost immediately. She has had at least 4 dogs called Toast in the last 10 years, or it may even be 5 as she has rehomed 4 and has a current 'Toast' at the moment.
Becky
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Yep, I know of a local breeder who rehomes dogs on a second hand goods website. I also know of someone who seems to have had several pups in the last year and then they go on this website and she has another one. This person buys and sells dogs all the time. I just can't get my head round why anyone would part with their dog unless there were really special circumstances.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Sorry another one that is going to say yes, OH's sister went through 10+ dogs in two years and I think she is still doing it (we don't talk to her any more), sadly she doesn't rehome a much as she dumps them in the pound or gives them to anyone that will have them. She even pays a good price for them and still does it
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Yes I've known of many, and all of them say they are true dog lovers, yet the dogs go in an out like nobodies business. My landlady is the current one, since I've been here (Oct last year) she has rehomed 4 dogs and has another waiting to go. The sad thing is that as soon as they depart she reuses their names almost immediately. She has had at least 4 dogs called Toast in the last 10 years, or it may even be 5 as she has rehomed 4 and has a current 'Toast' at the moment.
Becky
Yep I know someone and at last count they were on 11 dogs in 3 years and yep often given the same names, 2 Kujo's, 2 Storm's and at least 2 or 3 Mishka's!!! I could never warrant using the same name for any two dogs, each one to me is special and needs to be remembered in its own right.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The sad thing is that as soon as they depart she reuses their names almost immediately.
That's awful, I guess it saves her having to remember which dog was which and they just blend into one. Very sad indeed.
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Don't get me started....

Theres a nutjob a few doors down..who also happens to be the mother of my neices ex boyfriend (and father of my G nephew!)

She had dogs when we moved in..(5or 6yrs ago) and they dissappeared..then she got a couple of little terrier type crosses, then she got rid and my neice took them..2wks later she got a Bassett hound...then 3 wks after that she got another one...3wks later it was for sale as she didn't have time to toilet train it..so its gone..

Neice asked ex to watch his son and the dogs a week or so ago as she was working a nightshift..he said yes and she took the dogs down..and left them there..his mother texted her telling her she was appalled at neices behaviour and that she should never have gotten dogs if she couldn't look after them!! and told her they were going to the cat and dog home and not to come back for them...Only 4 days later did my neice find out that the dogs were still there and picked them up!!

THESE are the dogs that used to be hers and she decided she didn't want them!!!!
definitly nut job