Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by pam View Post
It is going to have massive repercussions, that's for sure.

The checks have started for the first time at Crufts and will be used at every general championship show from this point on.
Ya can all rest assured entres will be down in many classes

Why cry? If it means that all those dogs who have been bred beyond what is clearly reasonable are no longer eligible for the awards then I say WONDERFUL NEWS.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I
Unfortunately many people these days see dog shows as a beauty contest.

The whole dog was assessed and this included temperament and body conformation an important factor in how a dog 'moved'.

first sentence, very true

Second sentence, sounds like a description of miss world
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
HIT LIST????
I wasn't aware that Boxers have any particular issue with anything on the list.

HOWEVER and this is a big however..... If they are clamping down on Ectropion, which is in the list - and to the uninitiated means eyelids/lashes turning outwards - then many breeds are going to come under scrutiny, not just the Clumbers (if that is the genuine and main reason the Clumber was excluded today).

Bassets, Newfies, St Bernards, to name but a few - any breed where the eyelids droop.

My personal opinion (it is just my own view) I am not attracted to breeds that have the droopy eyes at all as I have always felt (again my opinion, purely mine) that it is unattractive and something of a turn-off where I am concerned. [I do respect the views of others and can understand those who like it or accept it, no problem].

The exclusion of the Clumber is going to cause something of a stir, seeing it has achieved multi-international titles in the rest of the world:
AM/DK/H/BIH/SCG/A/LUX CH CHERVOOD SNOWSUN

American CH, Danish CH - H/BIH/SCG I am not sure about - A is possibly Austria and LUX is of course Luxembourg. This is sure to set a ripple through the show world... BUT in the short term, is it going to make a great deal of difference worldwide, or might it just ostracise the UK globally?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 10:36 PM
The Clumber images on here
http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot....vet-check.html
really make me sad. How can someone look into the eyes of a dog like that and feel pride in breeding that

the working ones look like a totaly different breed
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
The exclusion of the Clumber is going to cause something of a stir, seeing it has achieved multi-international titles in the rest of the world:
AM/DK/H/BIH/SCG/A/LUX CH CHERVOOD SNOWSUN

American CH, Danish CH - H/BIH/SCG I am not sure about - A is possibly Austria and LUX is of course Luxembourg. This is sure to set a ripple through the show world... BUT in the short term, is it going to make a great deal of difference worldwide, or might it just ostracise the UK globally?
IF the dog has entropion, then it really shouldn't matter one iota how many titles it has (apart from to throw more shame on the dog world), or where it achieved those titles, the disqualification would be highly justified. Hopefully, IF the report is genuine then I hope it does cause a stir around the World and far from ostracising the UK globally, for the sake of dog health, I would hope the UK would be applauded for making a stand.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
IF the dog has entropion....
Ectropion. Where the eyelids and lashes turn out, rather than into, the eye.

Could be claimed in many droopy-eyed breeds where it might be considered the eye lashes can't do their proper job because of the droop.

In effect - a dog that cannot blink.
pam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Why cry? If it means that all those dogs who have been bred beyond what is clearly reasonable are no longer eligible for the awards then I say WONDERFUL NEWS.
hit the wrong emoticon lol..i say its wnderful news and not before time.seeing i own a boxer with a certain dog in its lines thats under suspicion at the moment!i aint a happy bunny.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by pam View Post
It is going to have massive repercussions, that's for sure.

The checks have started for the first time at Crufts and will be used at every general championship show from this point on.
Ya can all rest assured entres will be down in many classes
The thing is if class entries are down because those people who think it's acceptable to breed unhealthy dogs realise they won't be placed and don't bother to show then surely that's a good thing?

I'm looking forward to the next few years of dog showing, I think these vet checks will sort the wheat from the chaff and make people realise that things have to change. It's going to be a rough ride, there will be a lot of people who are stuck in their ways trying to insist that nothing needs to change, but hopefully the KC will stick to their guns and things will start to change gradually.

I especially loved the ESS BOB - a stunning dog from a kennel who are very progressive in bringing in new bloodlines and subsequently lowering COI's. And did you hear the commentary? "Moderate feathering - so doesn't need to be exaggerated in anyway". Hopefully this will sound the death knell for all those ESS breeders who think moderate feathering means barely being able to see the light between the dogs body and floor!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Ectropion. Where the eyelids and lashes turn out, rather than into, the eye.

Could be claimed in many droopy-eyed breeds where it might be considered the eye lashes can't do their proper job because of the droop.

In effect - a dog that cannot blink.
My apologies, the report does say ectropion. Eyes working faster than brain
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=rune;2479722]Either the owners of the bulldog are lying or this video and the information in it is wrong.

I wonder......

rune

Azz---this is the wrong video---nothing to do with what I posted!
Page 16 of 40 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »