Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bessy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2010, 06:23 AM

Acana - at last a food he will eat

Don't know if anyone else has tried this food, made by the same people as Orijen.
I have had real problems with a young rescue dog who has lots of skin problems and sensitive tummy. He won't eat wet / raw food either.
The food suits him and he eats all the food in his bowl!

Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Id eat Acana!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2010, 08:11 AM
I have Finn on Acana grasslands and can't believe the difference in his tear stains It is the first food to reduce them.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I noticed a big difference when I took Harvey of R.Canin and now onto Pro Plan but still could do with improvement.

I must have a look at their website
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Anybody else feed this?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I fed Acana for years, though I just found a food that suits the dogs better. I must keep to fish only for proteins as Oliver cannot have anything else. and Scout cant have Chicken. I fed Acana Pacifica. it's a fantastic food! but the food I switched to has less fat, calories and protein, as everyone was getting mixes of different foods... and I found one I could feed everyone.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I fed Acana for years, though I just found a food that suits the dogs better. I must keep to fish only for proteins as Oliver cannot have anything else. and Scout cant have Chicken. I fed Acana Pacifica. it's a fantastic food! but the food I switched to has less fat, calories and protein, as everyone was getting mixes of different foods... and I found one I could feed everyone.
So did you find acana makes them gain weight easily?
I have a gsd with a small appetite and find it hard to keep weight on him. Hes also got a sensitive stomach, do you think this food would be any good?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
So did you find acana makes them gain weight easily?
I have a gsd with a small appetite and find it hard to keep weight on him. Hes also got a sensitive stomach, do you think this food would be any good?
i hoping so...i have the same prob with one of my boys..and no freezer at the mo for raw(as this is what suits him best and keeps the weight on him)

i have a bag arriving this avo of the pacifica......
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i hoping so...i have the same prob with one of my boys..and no freezer at the mo for raw(as this is what suits him best and keeps the weight on him)

i have a bag arriving this avo of the pacifica......
Let me know how he gets on with it. Did he not keep weight on the fish4dogs, i was going to put duke on f4d but i have heard its good for getting them to loose weight!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
Let me know how he gets on with it. Did he not keep weight on the fish4dogs, i was going to put duke on f4d but i have heard its good for getting them to loose weight!!
will do

my boy(thats skinny n fussy) wasnt to keen on f4d(the rest loved it) but flea is an out and out carnivore so this appeals to him more...dont think potato impressed him lol.... its the high protein and fat content in the Acana that should put the weight on .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >