View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:27 AM
There's a book I found helpful called "Badger's parting gift" on the subject of death and how the animals coped with losing their friend Badger. It is lovely and nice illustrations too. I don't think it is particularly religious but talks about how the animals remembered Badger for the things he had taught them to do and the time he spent with them.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
There's a book I found helpful called "Badger's parting gift" on the subject of death and how the animals coped with losing their friend Badger. It is lovely and nice illustrations too. I don't think it is particularly religious but talks about how the animals remembered Badger for the things he had taught them to do and the time he spent with them.
was trying to think of the name of the book. was recommended on a childcare course i did.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I've heard of that too, it sounds nice.
A friend of mine's grandson was quite traumatised by the death of his teacher. She was there one day and the next day she had died (natural causes) the children were gently told but he developed this awful worry that his Mum was going to do the same thing, go to work and never come back. It took time to re-assure him once they had actually realised what the problem was and he did get over it. He was 5 at the time. Hope your FIL recovers.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:18 PM
When my grandad and mum died (same year I think) I was 12 and brother was 6 (but he is mentally behind)... we were sat down and talked about it.

Took my brother a while to understand but in time he came to understand.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear your news

My Gran although not religious always put minds at ease with us lot when we were small.

Thunder and lightening was ....its Gods day off and he is playing marbles (the thunder being the marble rolling...the lightening was a strike)
When it rain heavy .... the Angels were crying because someone was upset
and in death (of a person) she would say.....God has alot of animals to look after and not enough Angels to help, so he came a took your (Blah) as he knew that he/she was such a good person and could be trusted to look after them.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:30 PM
hi guys,
thanks for all the suggestions, thats been a great help. Thankfully, my father in law seems to be beating the odds and they performed an op and fitted a pacemaker which for the moment is regulating his heart, so all being well and it carries on, then looks like he is going to be ok.

He is very confused and on loads of meds currently but hopefully over next 24 hrs will start to improve.

thanks all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hi guys,
thanks for all the suggestions, thats been a great help. Thankfully, my father in law seems to be beating the odds and they performed an op and fitted a pacemaker which for the moment is regulating his heart, so all being well and it carries on, then looks like he is going to be ok.

He is very confused and on loads of meds currently but hopefully over next 24 hrs will start to improve.

thanks all
Very pleased to hear this wishing you all the best.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hi guys,

thanks all
Glad to hear he's doing well, hope it continues and he has a speedy recovery
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:10 PM
So glad to hear that father in law is winning and hope he will make a full recovery.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh Dani sorry you are having all this worry, I hope FiL continues to improve.
I just don't know how I would handle the situation with Luca.
Have you started to prepare him? Again, I don't know how but if you think of something it might help when the sad time comes
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >