Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
No way, that is cool! I was born in Feb .

According to my lmp i should be due 11/11/11!!! But my scan revealed I'm actually due on the 18th, damn!

Akitagirl, my dates also worked out as 11/11/11 but scan has put due date at 05/11/11. Had 20 week scan today Exciting!
Sorry to hear you still havent made it up with the parents, and congrats on your pregnancy x.

I digress - back to the main question, I heard ginger was good, and not to get too hungry. I was lucky in that I didnt really suffer with morning sickness, a few of days feeling a bit off was all. On those days I did use the travel sickness bands, they certainly worked for me!

They go by the name of Sea Bands, you can get them at Boots and all over the web, Google sea bands or travel sickness bands. They put constant pressure on an accupressure point in the wrist, which reduces the sick feeling, perfect for travel and pregnancy as its drug free. I couldnt tell you the science, only that it works!
You can get some relief by pressing the same points with your thumb!

Hope it subsides soon, everything I read says most people are over it around 12 weeks or so.

xx
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Ginger has helped quite a bit to be honest and so has eating little and often x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post
Akitagirl, my dates also worked out as 11/11/11 but scan has put due date at 05/11/11. Had 20 week scan today Exciting!
Sorry to hear you still havent made it up with the parents, and congrats on your pregnancyxx
Awe wow, congratulations on yours too! I'm glad your scan went well, how exciting! I can't wait till mine next week Did you find out the gender? We decided to keep it a surprise but i'm really keen to know now so it's going to be hard!

Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Ginger has helped quite a bit to be honest and so has eating little and often x
Brilliant, i do hope it passes for you as it does for the majority, and soon! xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 08:57 PM
yep eating little and often
i hated the ginger as made me worse, but eating was better for me.

As for the dates, = my birthday is 11/11 so hope there is a new dogsey baby on that !!!

congrats to all and no not making me broody at all "!! Lola will be 1 next month !!! went FAR too fast !!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I had terrible sickness with all 3 of mine & it got worse each time. I used to live on ginger biscuits & also arrowroot biscuits. I don't even know if they still do these as it was about 18 years ago since my last.
Hope you feel better soon though, I thought it would never end, but it just stopped like magic after about 4 months & I then bloomed into a cuddly heffalump
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Went for a scan today and turns out i have a cyst on my ovary thats been causing my stomach pain, but did see the heartbeat 2day which was so weird

Got a midwife appointment next thursday so will see whats said then, i have found the eating little and often is working incredibly well for me to be honest xx
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Not been on for a while so just catching up!

Akitagirl, yes we couldnt help ourselves and found out, looks very much like blue for us lol.
Have you had your scan yet? how did it go?

Jem, sorry to hear they found a cyst and its been causing you pain, same here, they found I had one on my 12 week scan too, which explained the soreness I had.
Its given me quite a bit of grief (have done a seperate thread in non dog bit) and it looks as though I will be having keyhole surgery to remove it at 28 weeks!
I hope yours isnt too bad, I found a hot water bottle very helpful.
x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Congrats..

I'm no help tho..never sick once with either pregnancy..

My daughter was 10 last year..on 10/10/10 She had her own wee bit in the local paper!
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Congrats..

I'm no help tho..never sick once with either pregnancy..

My daughter was 10 last year..on 10/10/10 She had her own wee bit in the local paper!
Thats such a cool birthday x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 09:29 PM
That is cool Louise, bless her!

Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post
Not been on for a while so just catching up!

Akitagirl, yes we couldnt help ourselves and found out, looks very much like blue for us lol.
Have you had your scan yet? how did it go?

Jem, sorry to hear they found a cyst and its been causing you pain, same here, they found I had one on my 12 week scan too, which explained the soreness I had.
Its given me quite a bit of grief (have done a seperate thread in non dog bit) and it looks as though I will be having keyhole surgery to remove it at 28 weeks!
I hope yours isnt too bad, I found a hot water bottle very helpful.
x
Sorry to hear about your cysts ladies Good luck with the surgery, whilst it must be a worry it will stop all the pain and worry once it's done xxx

My 20 weeks scan is tomorrow at 9am! Woohoo! Actually not that excited, more nervous Haven't really felt baby much yet and the 12 week scan was soooo long ago.. But it will be lovely to see him/her again. Congratulations on you going to be having a little boy! I'm CONVINCED we're having a boy, still not finding out though, argh!

I don't think i'll be sleeping much tonight
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >