Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
Well done, that looks fabulous! And you've found a new skill, excellent!
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post

My sister made one of our wedding cakes...

the icings were all a cream colour and she bought little fabric roses to decorate it with as well as edible glitter....then to cover the cake boards she used grated white chocolate....

I still have the three tier cake stand if you want to borrow it....
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Well Done That looks fab, Sheree
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
Wow thats incredible!
Thank you everyone...I've put the cake in the fridge for the time being but keep getting it out and looking at it I can't believe I did it, to be honest

We're off to my parents next weekend and Clive has suggested we take it with us so they can see it and give their opinion...I'm not sure if it's too over the top for a wedding Then we can all get to sample it too

Thanks for the kind offer Alex, I've pm'd you Your cake looks scrummy, I bet it tasted lovely mmmmm. Did your sister actually cook the cakes too? I've cheated and bought the cake already iced...I know my limitations xxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2010, 11:12 AM
My sister did bake the cakes.

The top cake was ginger with butter cream icing

middle was carrot cake and the bottom layer was a dense chocolate cake made with almonds rather than flour (my maid of honour is gluten intolerant) with a white chocolate icing.

It was her wedding pressie to us, The real cake was a profiterole tower made by a very reputable cake business near us but it looked pants on the day and this one was so good it became the official cake!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4