Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by akna View Post
That is one of the most annoying things ever...your riding along on your bike joined to ya dog and some bloody idiot lets their dog come a wandering..... near death experience!
Oh my word, me on the bike with Maddy attached and a strange dog comes lolloping over, it's not worth thinking about!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Orey in is harness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An7T5vscr_s
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Walky dog arrived today and can I say WOW! Fantastic.. four paws up from us here... Kismet is loving it! She really puts her back into it and pulls, (which is great on my poor thighs)

She did have a lunge at a cat, but the springs in the walky dog did their work and we didn't topple over... Only thing I am deciding mow is.. I currently have it attached on the right, but this puts her closer to the traffic, so left seems the more logical place, but somehow right seems.... right...

tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow!!! She looks like she has been doing that for ever Have been to the local bike shop and asked if he has a second hand one for me, and he says for me to call in to see him tomorrow as there may be one coming in, so watch this space!!!
You look totally in control there as well You can tell she loves it though, bouncing along quite happily
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2009, 04:37 PM
she absolutely loves it... Thanks for the tip Borderdawn

She did try to dive under the wheels a couple of times at first, and we had to stop and start again, but after only a couple of times up and down she got the hang of me saying 'Gee' means look out incoming wheel! and me saying 'haw' means pay attention we're about to turn.. Got a funny look from a lady we passed on the road though as I called out "Haw" right next to her... Hmm.. I wonder what she thought I meant

Hike on is something I have been teaching her since she was a puppy ... we're loving it And contrary to my initial feeling she really doesn't pull me over

I'm going to buy her a more padded harness to make it all more comfy for her and maybe a girl bike for me

So come on everyone else... your turn

Anyone this way who wants to try before you buy, let me know.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Was just trying to see what harness you had on, it doesn't look like the one BD has put on Orey, is there a specific type/make I should be getting?? I know it has got to be a padded walking harness, but there are hundreds of them out there
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2009, 05:17 PM
BRILLIANT!!!! Magpye she looks fantastic!!! Super video, can I add it to my webpage along with the others?

TW.
I bought a padded walking harness, I would think most walking harnesses would be fine, I bought a padded one because of stripping Borders out, their coat is quite thin when they are in their underclothes as Orey is now.
http://www.snugglepets.co.uk/index.p...cPath=19_20_26
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Lona's coat is almost out, in fact I spent the afternoon on the riverbank with them, Cariad dug a hole in the bushes and spent the afternoon in it, and Lona paddled and kept coming back for me to pull more of her coat out - so is almost naked herself!!!! I think a padded one would be the right thing for her, because her summer coat is very thin indeed, hope this means we are going to have that long hot summer we have been promised
Am almost bankrupt now, but will have a look at the harness and see what I have got left if I buy the bike, which depends on the price anyway. The harness may have to wait
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Kismet's harness, which is doing fine for now is a rogz harness, better picture of it here:...

It's not padded, but is chunky and Kismet's summer coat is still thick and husky like. Have taken her out a few times. Only in the evening or morning though. She really loves it, has got into the swing of it now and really pulls. It's clearly great exercise for her, but I'm conscious of not over doing it while she's still getting used to it and in this heat.

New harness will have to wait till next month.. It's boosters month this month and will not have enough money for both in the doggy fund
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2009, 10:09 AM
That looks nice as well I am veering towards the padded ones at the moment though, but like you it will have to wait till funds are looking a bit better, my debit card shrinks back when I go to use it, and shouts 'no no!!!'
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »