Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
i agree so much mys i really do, im on exmoor and can u believe there is hardly any places i can walk my dogs with ****! gets on my wick lol
Ridiculous isn't it! that in some cases if you live in town you actually have more 'free' space!?...I never realised this till we moved to the sticks...LOL

I actually sometimes have felt like a caged bird here...My house back out onto lovely open fields...But they are farm fields Not the farmers fault at all poor bloke who ever he is...but sometimes I just wanna go play in all the open space with the dogs but I know we can't...

I know it's my fault for not being rich and having acres of my own land

I think the government need to address the situation out in the country and make more areas available for public recreation...People don't have anywhere to go and be free without worry unless they drive miles and at the same time the government want us to drive less.

Soooooo glad we are moving right on to the tip of the forest soon!! Just hope it remains public LOL
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:31 PM
thanks hun for pointing taht out

i cleary did say its not all farmers also! im not being horrible but stating fact

heres another case

about 6 months ago

walking up the lane with my staffies and this farmer with a lab, collie and border terrier! and i put mine on lead as i dont let them play with just any dog case they bite mine (mine dont bite other dogs) and he was like thats right but that evil breed on the lead! (LIKE WTF) and i said there not evil mate they fantastic breed, then he said child killer (ONCE AGAIN WTFF)
Nat this was up a public foot path

Another time walking and running my dogs in a field public foot path empty one at that! nothing but me and the dogs and typically another farmer say this GET OF ME LAND, so i said why to him and hes like dont want no killer dogs on my land, so i marched over to the public foot path sign and u know when u win something on those tv programmes and these women use thier hands and smile to show it off, i did this to the sign, OMG he just walked off and muffled something like get off my land lol!

another time was when i was playing frisbee with the dogs in the garden (my garden) and he walks past and and says beasts to mine when they barked to guard thier own garden!

so yeah nat its breedism directed at me and my staffordshire bull terriers and i dont walk on private land i walk on public, so really believe it or not the famers round here are scum!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Lol @ "get Of Me Land"
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Ridiculous isn't it! that in some cases if you live in town you actually have more 'free' space!?...I never realised this till we moved to the sticks...LOL

I actually sometimes have felt like a caged bird here...My house back out onto lovely open fields...But they are farm fields Not the farmers fault at all poor bloke who ever he is...but sometimes I just wanna go play in all the open space with the dogs but I know we can't...

I know it's my fault for not being rich and having acres of my own land

I think the government need to address the situation out in the country and make more areas available for public recreation...People don't have anywhere to go and be free without worry unless they drive miles and at the same time the government want us to drive less.

Soooooo glad we are moving right on to the tip of the forest soon!! Just hope it remains public LOL

heres the irony ok

take me hayley living on exmoor and im very limited to were i can walk the dogs because of the farmers and they even give me **** for walking on public land (yes they think they own everything)

and take bobby digital who owns the staff dino (oh handsome dino lol) and he has more places to walk him than i do and he lives in the midlands

NOW thats taking the piss lol

hun im glad u moving to the woods, i loveeeee the woods so much fun! good luck!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:39 PM
lol msy hes so funny

hes like GET OF ME LAND OR ILLS SHOOT YOU AND YOUR KILLER DAGS lol

theres is a real nice old bloke up the road and hes like RITE MY PRETTY MAID lol, makes u laugh everytime hes so sweet! bless him!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:47 PM
lol msy hes so funny

hes like GET OF ME LAND OR ILLS SHOOT YOU AND YOUR KILLER DAGS lol

theres is a real nice old bloke up the road and hes like RITE MY PRETTY MAID lol, makes u laugh everytime hes so sweet! bless him!
LOL I can just hear that accent...lol...We are in Suffolk and they talk dead funny here! I've only lived in this area for a year and I just hope I don't start to sound like them

Thanks for the good luck
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:50 PM
your welcome

pretty backwards down here so i try my best not to sound like them, hard not to when u live there lol! but i honest have not got that accent lol
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 10:55 PM
honest have not got that accent lol
Ya, I believe you lol
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Hi Nat in Hayleys first post of this thread she says

I took that as meaning that he doesn't particularly like Staffies myself

Nat I do agree with you, that people shouldn't roam over farm land and I wouldn't let my dogs not only out of respect but in fear of them getting shot at cattle or no cattle.

But public footpaths are just that, public! yet sometimes you still feel as though you are somehow still trespassing!
Hi Mys, I realise thats what she said.
As I said
Where I live the rule applies for all dogs not just certain breeds........Breedism might be the case you see in some farmers, just none of the ones I have seen
Yes public footpaths are public I have never found to have any problems using them with farmers as it not there land and therefore not there concern. If farmers are funny with public footpaths, it often because there land is near by where there cattle are grazing etc. So any dogs being let off lead could easily run into there stock, if not under control (which to be honest alot are not) and that might be there concern.
Ok its not there property so have no rights to say who can use the foot path, but I can personally see there concern and if it was me they had a problem with, I would try explaining that my dog is no treat and when passing by his fields with stock in, I would place my dog on lead even though I dont have too, if it ment we got on instead of fighting over it, as where does that get you?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2005, 12:02 AM
well we sort of lay low, where i walk the dogs is all fields but it is next to a big farm, and the farmer is a little less than inviting, i think last time i ventured onto his land was when Florrie was a pup and ran off into one of his fields, we had a GSD and a doberman sent after us and had to make a quick dash whilst having abuse hurled at us for no control and such
I think its more of a lack of education about certain breeds, of course i was 'weaned' on staffies so naturally i know what the soppy ******s are like, but of course they can come across a little over bearing but thats them, but of course thats why they arent everyones breed and well its one of those things i guess
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »