Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Back from an emergency trip to the vets

Got in from work this evening about 15 minutes after hub had left to find Tilly with a bone wedged between her back teeth!! Just sitting there panting with her mouth wide open step daughter was in but hadn't noticed!
Couldn't get near it & poor Tilly was trying to get it with her paws.
Straight down to the vets - thank goodness they were still open! She was anaesthetised for 5 minutes & we were told to go back for her in 30 mins (that was the longest half hour ever) the bone was so tightly wedged they had to cut it in half to remove it!
Went back to collect her & she is fine - maybe a bit sore around the jaws, but no damage to her teeth.
No more bones me thinks!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh poor Tilly
What are these dogs like, they put us through so much
Anyway glad the vet was able to remove the bone and I hope she makes a full and quick recovery.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Poor Tilly, thank goodness that you got back when you did. Glad she is going to be ok.x
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh poor Tilly
What are these dogs like, they put us through so much
Anyway glad the vet was able to remove the bone and I hope she makes a full and quick recovery.
Thanks - I know, (and so does my bank balance now!!) Hub drove all the way back from work after battling through traffic to get there, by the time he got back, it was all over & she was back home like nothing had happened - whilst I had smoked about 10 ciggies in 30 minutes!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Thanks - I know, (and so does my bank balance now!!) Hub drove all the way back from work after battling through traffic to get there, by the time he got back, it was all over & she was back home like nothing had happened - whilst I had smoked about 10 ciggies in 30 minutes!!
Lol, when we dropped Mo at the vets this morning I went and bought coffee and fags and said to hubby I can face anything as long as I've got these
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 08:42 PM
aauw... nasty experience.... Tess has a (very bad) habit of doing this with sticks.... even though we never play with them.... she's had about 5 sticks stuck up till now.... luckily every time we've been able to get them out ourselves with no damage done.... you would think they would learn... but... um.... no!

It is scary though when they come up to you, mouth open, panting and looking very sorry for themselves... but my experience is, once it's removed, there's no looking back.. it's just sudden relief... "what was I doing?... oh yeah... playing and messing about..."... and you as an owner are still desperately trying to get your bloodpressure down as it was really scary.... dogs... don't you just love em....
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Poor Tilly, glad shes ok though, lots of hugs being sent from us xxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks - I was so scared, the only time Tilly freaked was when the vet took her off me & pulled her away to the back room,I realised she couldn't bite him though with her mouth wedged open! & when he told me they had to cut the bone to get it out, I had visions of a big chainsaw - I have no idea what they cut it out with though!!
It's the first & hopefully last time we've had an emergency & you do just go into auto pilot! thank goodness the vets is only 2 minutes drive away (well it's usually 5 but I did put my foot down)
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 08:56 PM
aw bless her, Glad she Is ok. I bet you were scared - Not a nice experience for you.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 09:42 PM
So glad she is fine...poor you hugs xxxxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >