View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
roxybaz
New Member!
Male 

15-11-2008, 11:39 PM

kennel cough/lungworm??(female boxer,4years old)

hi,wondered if any body could help.in a short version:i took my mums god off her as she could no longer afford the vet bills.my mum caught her in the garden eating a baby hedgehogs head,3 days later she was riddled with fleas and also developed a cough-its like she is trying to couth something up and makes her eyes bloodshot?took her to vets and the girl behind counter said it was not kennel cough(without an examination)??!!after reading and studying i was led to believe kennel cough lasted around 2-3 weeks?took her to another vets who was not entirely sure so gave some antibiotics for a possible throat infection.these did nothing.she had to have some dental work done in general and the vet suggest while asleep would be good idea to have a camera down her throught.this revealed nothing to the vets.they advised possibly lung worm?after a week of them chaging their minds about what type of medication to give her she has had this cough for about 2 n half months now,she seems ok when out running about field and also eats well but the cough disturbs her sleep .any suggestions as to what this could be as personally dont think lungworm as reading some of symptoms she has none except cough??