Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2008, 02:19 PM

Intercesection

Last week (tuesday) Simba who had just turned 8 weeks had to have an operation as he had an interesection which bascally means that the intestine had folded in on itself this is caused by straining to go to the toilet. He had diareahea with a little blood in it a few days earlier and had him checked out thinking that he had developed a sensitive tummy so we changed his food but that made no difference except that simba had lost alot of weight in 2 days now could not go to the toilet at all and was straining to go so up the vets we went and he was x-rayed and they spotted the blockage and so they operated and found what the cause of the problem. The vet said that it can happen to puppies but its usually when you wean them from the mothers milk onto solid food. Anyway i had never hard of this until now and it has been a worrying time but since his op he has doing really well and being a normal pup and he is going to have his stitches out on monday i did ask the question about it happening again and the vet said it was a very small risk. i shall let you know what the vet says on monday.