View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:24 PM
im not moaning, as most know anything to do with showing has hee haw to do with me since I own all crosses lol.

the logic just doesnt make sense to me with regards to showing.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You are being daft again----Ireland allows docking so that is irrelevant. The short legged JRT's can't be shown at the champ shows like Crufts anyway.
How is it irrelevant? Its not only Crufts we are talking about here.

I LIKE the way dogs look as nature made them---before humans chopped them around to suit the way they liked to look at them.
Thats fine.

Luckily for me the law now says it is mutilation and doesn't encourage it.
Mmm why are we still seeing docked dogs then??

As I said before its like arguing with a welsh dog trainer about e collars
Please dont degrade the thread with comments that are targeted to cause offence.

We are going round in circles.
Im not, Im still asking you what "test" Terriers will have to perform to satisfy your suggestion in the same way you have said of Gundogs. As I said, you have to have a level playing field, not one rule for one.....

Don't suppose the law will change and as it stands I am happier with it than I was before when tails could be chopped off regardless.
Again, thats fine.

Don't have any sympathy with the organisation or the people who are moaning.

rune
Nor me, similarly of those who suggest one thing but dont comment on another.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:32 PM
You are being daft again----Ireland allows docking so that is irrelevant. The short legged JRT's can't be shown at the champ shows like Crufts anyway.

I LIKE the way dogs look as nature made them---before humans chopped them around to suit the way they liked to look at them.

Luckily for me the law now says it is mutilation and doesn't encourage it.

As I said before its like arguing with a welsh dog trainer about e collars

We are going round in circles.

Don't suppose the law will change and as it stands I am happier with it than I was before when tails could be chopped off regardless.

Don't have any sympathy with the organisation or the people who are moaning.

rune
I'm pretty happy with the law as it stands at the moment too - gundogs can be docked legally to work and can still be shown at 95% of Champ Shows. It'd be nice to have a bit of equality in a sense of allowing docked gundogs to be shown at all Champ Shows, but it's no great loss really.

The desperate attempt to prevent docked gundogs from being shown has basically failed. If I do breed I can have the litter legally docked for working purposes and still show the offspring at the end of the day.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:36 PM
The old ones are usually the best---then you can get your stock answers out!

rune
If you insist on asking questions like "why aren't English Pointers docked then", what do you expect me to do?!

It's just another case of someone hating docking, without actually bothering to find out the reasons behind it. In which case I have to say the opinion means diddley squat, because it is based solely on preconceptions and emotions, rather than knowledge.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I'm pretty happy with the law as it stands at the moment too - gundogs can be docked legally to work and can still be shown at 95% of Champ Shows. It'd be nice to have a bit of equality in a sense of allowing docked gundogs to be shown at all Champ Shows, but it's no great loss really.

The desperate attempt to prevent docked gundogs from being shown has basically failed. If I do breed I can have the litter legally docked for working purposes and still show the offspring at the end of the day.
My friend has just had a litter of docked Wei's. Well they are about 4mths now. She had no problem getting them done legally, the mother regularly picks up and hunts up. She intends to do the same with the one she has kept.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
im not moaning, as most know anything to do with showing has hee haw to do with me since I own all crosses lol.

the logic just doesnt make sense to me with regards to showing.
Which is exactly why those who legally dock their dogs are a bit miffed with regards to the rules. There's just no logic behind it!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
My friend has just had a litter of docked Wei's. Well they are about 4mths now. She had no problem getting them done legally, the mother regularly picks up and hunts up. She intends to do the same with the one she has kept.
Yes, the majority of HPR's are still docked when I've been out on training days etc. It's really not a problem if the dogs genuinely work and the majority of HPR's are more than capable ime.

Nice to hear of working Weim's though, they're not easy to find apparently? The breed seems to have split, or at least it had.....
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Ref the original point of the thread, I find it illogical that some docked dogs can be shown and others can't simply because of the date the procedure was carried out.

If its done in accordance with the law, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Ref my views on docking in general.

To say I'm against it for working dogs would make me one hell of a hypocrite, considering I've got no issue with it being done to sheep, infact, been there done that, same with disbudding cattle.

I personally don't agree with docking purely for asthetic preference though.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Ref the original point of the thread, I find it illogical that some docked dogs can be shown and others can't simply because of the date the procedure was carried out.

If its done in accordance with the law, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Ref my views on docking in general.

To say I'm against it for working dogs would make me one hell of a hypocrite, considering I've got no issue with it being done to sheep, infact, been there done that, same with disbudding cattle.

I personally don't agree with docking purely for asthetic preference though.
If you dag the Sheep, you could argue docking is not necessary.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
...not gonna read the link... docking is barbaric and excuses like 'injured in working' are just that!!

you do not chop of a builders thumb incase its hit by a hammer!!
Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »