Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
But to be fair PW.. just like cross breeds may not fit into your lifestyle... rescue dogs may not fit into others... if you see what I mean...
This thread needs to get back on topic but I wanted to pick you up on your point that I've highlighted. There are hundreds of thousands of dogs and puppies in UK rescues waiting for new homes, of various breeds, temperaments, sizes etc. It would be virtually impossible for someone not to find a suitable pet dog to fit their lifestyle in rescue.

ps. of course crossbreeds would fit into my lifestyle, they're dogs not a different species.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
This thread needs to get back on topic but I wanted to pick you up on your point that I've highlighted. There are hundreds of thousands of dogs and puppies in UK rescues waiting for new homes, of various temperaments, sizes etc. It would be virtually impossible for someone not to find a suitable pet dog to fit their lifestyle in rescue.

ps. of course crossbreeds would fit into my lifestyle, they're dogs not a different species.
Can I ask why you only have pedigree dogs...was there something special about each of them that made you feel.... yup thats the dog for me?
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Can I ask why you only have pedigree dogs...was there something special about each of them that made you feel.... yup thats the dog for me?
Foster dogs that stayed. Having a variety of breeds taught me that dogs regardless of breed are are individuals with their own separate personalities and traits. It's not a case of one lifestyle one breed only. If you want to start a new topic please do I'll happily answer your questions but can we get back on topic for this one.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
But others saw it from that point as well, it was suggested that it was hypocritical to rescue pedigrees – I asked whats the difference, it’s a dog in need.
Nope it was suggested it was hypocritical for one person to rescue pedigrees........ not in the general population

I have not seen these strong views on pedigree dogs, breeders yes, but not the actual dogs – can you give me some examples (I know how long it takes to search so wont ask for links).

Like her I must not be living by my principles either
You are right , I have not got the time or the inclination to go trawling through mths of posts, to find you some examples...

But that’s it she is against people who breed and buy dogs when there are so many in rescue – not as far as Ive seen against pedigree dogs themselves.

Which breeds has she dug at? Was it the actual dogs or the breeding practises?
All breeds and breeders.......

I have, as you may know, a very very strong conviction towards greyhound racing! Does this mean I should’t rescue greyhounds and that I am being a hypocrite?
There you go again, turning it back to yourself, and your campain...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

03-10-2008, 11:29 AM

So where there only pedigrees in the rescue at the given moment you found yourself able to give a dog a home... or where they unplacable dogs, ones with to many health problems that no one would take them on!!
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So where there only pedigrees in the rescue at the given moment you found yourself able to give a dog a home... or where they implacable dogs, ones with to many health problems that no one would take them on!!
If I only had crossbreeds would you be having a go at me for not adopting purebreeds. Only one out of seven of my dogs was classed as easy to rehome, that was my choice I wanted to adopt dogs that were difficult to place.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 12:00 PM
All breeds and breeders.......
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I'll say it again, and again and again if I have to.....

I have NO problem with the dogs themselves pedigree or crossbreed. I for one would hate for us to lose individual breeds but I certainly do not "currently" support breeders when "currently" every hour in the UK at least two homeless dogs (pedigrees and crossbreeds) lose their lives due to the overpopulation crisis. I'm not against breeding on the whole but when dogs are needlessly being destroyed because there aren't enough homes available there is no need to "currently" breed more to do so is adding to the problem.

I DO have a problem with the way in which pedigrees are being bred under the KC rules, which calls for pedigrees to become more and more inbred at a detriment to their health and well being. To breed with health and welfare being the main priority doesn't mean getting rid of pedigrees, but it does mean getting rid of the eugenic pure bloodlines theory and closed stud books. I agree with mandatory health testing but the KC fobbing the public off with it being the solution is criminal when they know themselves it's not going to solve the problem.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

03-10-2008, 12:09 PM
If I only had crossbreeds would you be having a go at me for not adopting purebreeds. Only one out of seven of my dogs was classed as easy to rehome, that was my choice I wanted to adopt dogs that were difficult to place.
Absoulutely not..... I would admire you for standing up for your convictions.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Absoulutely not..... I would admire you for standing up for your convictions.
So you're saying because I disagree with the way they are being bred I shouldn't adopt them. How is it the dogs fault? If I were buying them and financially supporting the breeders and/or encouraging them to breed more then yes I would agree with you.

Possible to get back on topic?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Nope it was suggested it was hypocritical for one person to rescue pedigrees........ not in the general population...
But why target one person? Why are those of us that also rescue pedigree's fine?

You are right , I have not got the time or the inclination to go trawling through mths of posts, to find you some examples.....

.All breeds and breeders.......
Fair enough I just thought that as you implied she spent her time on here slatting pedigree dog breeds off it might be rather easy to find at least one?

There you go again, turning it back to yourself, and your campain...
Nope just wondering if you consider all of us who rescue pedigree's to be hypocrital - I can only use my circumstances to use as an example and I really would like your views on it?
Page 62 of 65 « First < 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 >