Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:21 AM

The Wimp Has Returned

Oh my goodness was I a wimp, I cried, and I shook. Everyone else had family with them to support them and keep them talking, so I kept thinking of all you spurring me on and I must be honest if it hadn't have been for all your lovely words beforehand I would have backed out.
Anyway good news apart from the numbing injection that made me squeek very loudly, I never felt a thing and watched most of it on the screen. I did complain when the x-ray thingy blocked my view and I did ask if the screen could be moved slightly so I did not have to get such a crick in my neck, but they said it was more important they had the best view.
Even better news is my heart is fine, no slight furring of the arteries or any problems, so all this chest pain and palpitations the heart man said is down to some severe problems with my stomach and ulcers and he is contacting my doctor to get her to send me for an endoscopy asap as he feels I am at risk from a serious bleed there.
Hardest part is the after care instructions to stop the main artery popping and bleeding in my groin where they plugged it afterwards. Keep your right leg straight and elevated for a minimum of 48hrs. No bending forward, No baths for 1-2 weeks, You can shower after 48hrs but try not to get there too wet and if possible dry using a hairdryer down there so you don't cause the artery to open up. (I think I will dab gently).
I got told off within an hour of having it done because as soon as they got me off the bed to go over to a reclining chair I dropped something and bent and picked it up. Everytime I went to the loo I got told off for something and you go to the loo a lot because the dye they put in you is toxic to your kidney so you have to drink 3 litres of water every day for a few days.
My 48hrs will be up at 12.20pm so I will then be able to drive and I will also take the dogs for a little walk as they havn't had one since Fri morning at 5am, although they are being very good about it.
The relief of knowing you don't have heart problems is so fantastic though I just can't describe it.
Thankyou everyone for supporting me so well through all this you really are the best.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Brilliant news and I think under the circumstances you're allowed to be a wimp
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Great news. You were very brave honey x0x0x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Lovely to see you back and in one piece

Relieved for you that your heart is still pumping well and that there are no problems there. You make sure you go for that endoscopy missus! xxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2012, 08:42 AM

So pleased that there is nothing wrong with your heart - now you really really must get your stomach sorted!

xxx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Glad to see you back and that your heart is ticking nicely. Enjoy your walk but do take it easy for now.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:51 AM
So pleased for the good news. Best wishes for a swift fix for the stomach etc. X Welcome home.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:56 AM
That is brilliant news, such a relief.
I think you did so well coping with that but then there were so many vibes coming from Dogsey you couldn't have done any different
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Very pleased it all went well. Now make sure you behave yourself!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Such good news about your heart Bev.

When they can fix your stomach you will be feeling much better. I would of of been a wimp too so don't worry about feeling scared you are allowed too.

Well done and welcome home. X
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >