Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:09 AM

This Made Me Mad

Surfing and found this advert on one of those Classified sites for sale:-

ONE 10wk FEMALE 3qrt ENGLISH MASTIFF AND 1qrt ROTTI PUP LEFT FOR A LOVING HOME. SHE WILL MAKE THE IDEAL FAMILY GUARD DOG OR EVEN FAMILY PET. PLEASE NOTE MOTHER IS VERY AGRESSIVE, AND FATHER CAN ALSO BE, ESPECIALLY ON GUARD. SHE IS A BROWN BRINDLE VACCINATED AND WORMED TO DATE. IF INTERESTED, PLEASE HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING WITH LARGE GUARD TYPE DOGS.PARENTS CAN BE SEEN..(BIRMINGHAM)..CALL AND VIEW NOW or delivery available...contact details are at the bottom of the page....

Mother is very aggressive and Father can also be??? :smt091 Why the hell breed from her then, people like this make me sick. :smt009

I hate the line "make ideal family guard dog or even family pet" - how on earth can they say that when the mother is aggressive, some of this is bound to pass to the pups. If only I could get hold of them.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I cant agree more, drives me insane
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Unbelievable!

The parents sound like one hell of a liability - and unfortunately pups often take on the temperament/characteristics of their parents. What kind of person would buy a pup like that though It sounds to me as though they certainly will NOT make good family pets.

Idiots!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Sounds like an advert for neutering if ever there was one Idiots!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:18 AM
How stupid can you get!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:19 AM
I shouldn't visit sites like this as I end up getting upset and angry

There was another advert for a Neo Mastiff, deliberately stated her last litter was 16 puppies, reason for sale "no time for her".

They might as well have put "easy money-maker for the unscrupulous" I do hope she gets a nice pet home, but I can just imagine she will be bred into the ground, poor lamb:smt022
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:53 AM
sad thing is cash will change hands ...dog bites someone ...another for the dog pound...
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Absolute stupidity IMO. You just know that it's not going to have a happy ending.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't swear too often but F***ING IDIOTS. They should be barred from ever breeding or even owning another dog
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I've just read an advert like that:

HI, i am posting this add as i am looking for a male staff or pit to breed with my baby.
her name is Boochi and she will be 4 on december 10th
i have hand raised her from birth u know bottle fed her every two hours wrap her up in blankets and hot water bottles etc..
well i would like her to have a litter of pups [ not for money ] reasons but i used to have a staff x pit many years ago but she died of cancer [ she was 17 ] a good old age. and when she died i lost her as i never got to have a pup to carry her on, but i would love to carry boochi's genes on.
She is a very good guard dog she is really rough and ready and can be a bit naughty. so i need a male who is a big softy. balance her out.
her mum is half staff not sure of other side but her dad is a full staff she has some beautifal markings and would make really lovely puppys.
she is not due for a month or so but thought i would do this now see if there is any intreast.
she does not get on well with other dogs, she attacks them, so both dogs would need to be muzzled more for my health then theirs, i hate dog fighting,
please let me know if any one is intrested .... thanks for your time

I'd like to say DUUHHHHHHHH
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >