Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Ben & Max are Back!

Hi,

I haven't been on Dogsey for almost 5 months now.

I had a lot going on at home and didn't cope very well to start with.

I split with my husband in September and you may remember that I was looking into rehoming the dogs because I couldn't see any way to keep them as it seemed likely I would only be able to afford a very small flat on my own.

I heard that someone at work was looking for a dog for his family so I asked if he would be interested in Ben as he would be better with children than Max. They took him which was heart breaking for me but I still had Max and the 2 of us had a lot of fun together. I moved into the spare room and lived with my ex until January this year. We got on reasonably well and had both started seeing other people by the end of October so we were rarely in the house at the same time.

Things started looking up in December when my new OH said that as we were both looking for places to live and would be spending time together why not take a chance and move in together. It would save money and I would be able to keep Max. Having gone through giving Ben away I don't think I would have been able to cope with losing Max too. It's amazing how much support a little doggy can give when you feel low!

We moved in together in January and took Max on some lovely walks. It's been great, like I've finally got my life back.

I had tried to avoid asking the person at work about Ben because it upset me but I ended up asking every couple of weeks just for peace of mind. I found out that Ben had been barking a lot after Christmas when the kids had gone back to school and every few days it was mentioned that the barking was becoming a problem. I spoke to my OH and he immediately said that we would take Ben back rather than see him go into a shelter if it came to that. At the end of January thir neighbour starting making complaints to the council about Ben's barking (long story) and after a couple of visits from the dog warden and the council threatening fines I was asked if I could take Ben back. They really didn't want to let him go which I can understand, but it was taking over their lives and there was no quick fix.

I have had him back now for about 5 weeks and he's slotted right back in. They both love their new dad and are so much better behaved after 4 months apart. When they first saw each other again I could have cried! It was so cute, their tails were wagging and they were licking eah others noses.

We took them to Cornwall last week and they had a great time running around the beaches and to see them swimming in the sea was lovely.

Anyway, I'll be on Dogsey a bit more often now!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Its lovely to hear they are back together.
Im glad your happy with your new partner now and I look forward to seeing you here more x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear it's all worked out in the end! Alls well that ends well
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I am so glad it's all worked out for you all
Pepp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh I love a happy ending!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Im so happy its been such an amazing ending! Its great you have both your boys
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Dont you just love a happy ending!!!!

All the best in your new life!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
welcome back

aww what a clever boy Ben is...he had a cunning plan and it worked! lol

so its all turned out cool ur other half sounds lovely! sorted!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
It's lovely to read something so very, very positive. I'm so glad that things are working out for you and the boys.

Onwards and upwards. Every cloud has a silver lining and yours most certainly did
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Thank you all, it is definitely a happy ending, well maybe a happy beginning!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >