Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i would of said sibes. because too many people get them for their looks.

id honestly love a sibe, i like mals too, but i honestly dont know if i could offer the right type of home for one. i love how they look, and the ones ive met ive loved their characters, but dont know if i could offer one the right home. and im not the type of person to give a dog up if i couldnt cope, which wouldnt be fair on the dog.
same here, gorgeous, clever, active dogs but I love watching mine have a good free run and so they wouldnt really be for me but why cant some people see past the 'I like, I want'
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i dont think its because sibes are 'difficult' i think its the type of people getting them,i feel whatever dog they would get would be discarded after the cute stage.

wish theyd just get the newest phone or summink instead
yeah i know what you mean. i dont think i would be right for one because of where i live, although i wouldnt disregard the fact completely.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Abit of both .
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
I love kismet really I do but there were days... Weeks there still are occasional hours when I wonder if I made the right choice! Her first (and only) season was hell! Her 18month teenage angst was impressive and her current 2/3 yr old strop and tantrums are epic.... 6 months ago I wondered if I would ever be able to introduce another dog in the future her dog aggression was so bad but then like the change of the wind she was over that issue and inventing new ones!

Things are certainly never dull but I do always wonder what tomorrow will bring!

I thought I was prepared... I thought I had done my research and cut my teeth on a Samoyed I could cope with whatever a mal or sibe could bring... I am only just hanging in! This is not a breed or a mix for the feint of heart and I cannot see a happy outcome for anyone that bought one on looks alone!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I believe there will be an influx of sibes, huskys, etc. in the rescue centres in the months/years to come. You see so many more around now and therefore more people are breeding them (a lot just for the money) and unsuitable people buying them. So sad as they are beautiful dogs but really do need very special owners.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Huskies round here. I'd never seen one until a few years ago, and now I see them everywhere.
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Oh definitely sibes and malamutes and their crosses, we where the first people in our area to have a siberian (7 years ago now eeep where does the time go) and now theres an influx of them in the park out the back of our home, i feel bad sometimes especially when you get the idiots telling you they`ve seen you walking yours and thought they where beautiful, whilst theres is miles away off lead at other side of park causing chaos or bouncing around like a demented kangaroo on the end of its short traffic lead attached to a halti thats up in its eyes
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 01:21 PM
We don't seem to have tonnes of huskies - I know of three round here, all well-behaved dogs, one absolutely beautifully mannered, recalls off the lead, incredibly gentle - everything!

Seems either collie or lab (usually wobbling with rolls of fat around their middle) central most times I'm out and about to be honest.

I'd take a shot at various -oodles too... labradoodle, cockadoodle, potnoodle...
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4