View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:21 PM
It is ridiculous the amount of sibes in rescue - when will people learn that they are not an easy breed?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Sorry Layla I have jjust remembered our local rescue have recently had a litter of Sibes handed in
why o why
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Sibes it is ..Thought you might get that L....

They are seeing more sibes than ever before coming through their doors.
i know its tragic ,even with breed specific rescues they are still busting to the seams
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
why o why
(
Goodness knows, I do know they were very careful who they rehomed them too....... thankfully.

did you see my computer developed a stutter on "just" (jjust) it seems to happen a lot
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Goodness knows, I do know they were very careful who they rehomed them too....... thankfully.

did you see my computer developed a stutter on "just" (jjust) it seems to happen a lot
hope they are forever ones eh.

lol phew,glad its your comp and not my eyes lol
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I predict it will be the following - though I know none of them is a 'breed':

Labradoodles
Cockapoos
Cavapoos
Jugs
Pugaliers
Goldendoodles
Cockadoodledoos
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Nope..... it's going to be Siberian Huskies, as already predicted; and the torrent is started in most areas of the country.

There's an ad in a shop window locally, "Siberian Husky female, 2 years old, FREE TO GOOD HOME."

I think I've seen this dog out & about, and I think she had a litter last year
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I think it may be Shar Pei crosses too (seen a few of these recently) once they start having health problems.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I seen a sibe being walked near me a few times but is seems to have disapeared

Though I probably shouldnt be so judgemental...maybe they are walking elsewhere or something.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Northern breeds as mentioned and their crosses...Inuit types, etc.

Also Akitas and Doodles.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-04-2011, 08:17 AM
There are four Siberian Husky Breed rescue organisations in the UK at present (which may seem like a lot for a numerically small breed) - The Siberian Husky Welfare Association (UK), The Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain Welfare Section, The Scottish Siberian Husky Club Welfare Section, and Huskies In Need. All four of these are currently completely overwhelmed with dogs needing to come in to welfare. So much so that SHCGB Welfare has actually closed its doors temporarily as they simply have no foster homes available. in SHWA we are in a similar position and are desperately in need of foster homes. As far as I am aware, the other two rescues are in similar situations.
Meanwhile, the situation continues to worsen. Four years ago, the majority of dogs we took in to SHWA were bred by a handful of puppy farmers and backyard breeders. Today, most of the dogs we get in have been bred by naive, ignorant and greedy "pet" breeders - churning out litters for pin money from poor quality sibes with no health tests.
Unfortunately, I can't see the situation improving in the short term. Long term I think the only answer is a massive public education campaign (preferably using some of the RSPCA's ill-gotten gains to finance it) deflecting people away from commercial breeders whose only interest is the money they can make.

Mick
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >