Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
Yes you can do as much or as little as you like...even going along and watching will help you pick up some hints and let Riley have some fun.
Showing really isn't as daunting as it looks...its fun and a great way to meet new freinds
Seriously??? Just the thought of it and I'm shaking in my boots. With my past history of clumsiness I'd probably fall flat on my face!!
Great thread though, always wondered how to get started with the showing thing. Am considering in the future just have to get over the nerves!!
Good luck showing Jessica/Riley/Meg!! You'll be fine. :smt023
Psst If either of you become champs could I have a chocolate pup!!!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 08:46 PM
It REALLY isn't that bad....its fun and very addictive.You really should give it a go if it interests you...no one says you have to keep it up if you don't enjoy it
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, ill go along to one of these classes then decide if its terrifying or not!lol! Though i've spent most of the last twenty years showing and competing horses so im used to the nerve-racking stuff! Its always nice to try something new and if Riley turns out to be any good then thats just a bonus! I dont think either of them will end up champs though! far too badly behaved! They're more likely to roll over to have their bellies rubbed than stand nicely for the judge!!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Theres nothing to it really
Just need nerves of steel to get in the real ring- lol

No ones born experienced - everyone learns - just remember that
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Here comes another stupid question

I just got the list through from the Kennel Club and it has the list of Clubs, with addresses etc and says "Activities: Training, Good Citizen" .... Is that the same as ring craft or have the sent me the wrong thing?!!

This is all very confusing!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

01-04-2005, 09:41 AM
I don't think it is the same as ringcraft Canine Good Citizen scheme is different
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Try phoning the ones that say training...and ask if they do ring craft.
As for them turning out to be champs....who cares! Most of us do it for the shear pleasure and the odd good placing is a bonus.I own a dog with 2 RCC's...and was told at the weekend to 'stick at it he'll get there'...but the thought of owning a champion is still a dream.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 12:57 PM
The Good Cit one is where you train your dog to walk on lead ,have poo bags, dog tags, walk near other dogs without problems etc, its not ringcraft, but having said that if you contact the clubs on the list that have the good cit classes they may also do ringcraft on another evening, many clubs do different activities on different evenings, the one I go to have ringcraft, Good Cit classes, puppy classes, and agility. so worth contacting these clubs to see if they have a ringcraft class.

Mo
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I think i'll ring around the most local clubs and see what they say! If they dont do the ringcraft classes i'll have to phone the Kennel Club again and see if they can manage to send the right list!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2