View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

21-03-2005, 08:17 AM

Tears Stains and Bacterial Infections:

I have skipped 9 so as to put this one in that also involves Apple Cider Vinegar I will post 9 tommorow.

10. Tears Stains and Bacterial Infections: Wet areas on the face are a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast. Bacterial infections commonly occur in the tear ducts. “Ptirsporum”, red yeast bacteria, is at the root of most yeast infections. Tear stains also often occur at the same time as a gum infection or ear infection. Staining can also occur on a dog's paws from licking and around his mouth from infected saliva.

Apple cider vinegar (in its natural form from a health food store, not the pasteurized version from the Supermarket) is a natural antibiotic, antiseptic, and deodorant; It helps digestion and to remove tooth tartar; prevents tooth decay and hair loss (even mange), it also prevents and heals gum disease and skin problems; and will discourage fleas.

Putting a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar per quart of water in your dog's water bowl or on food can clear up most active yeast infections and prevent future infections. Apple cider vinegar tablets can be used if your dog refuses to drink the treated water or eat the food.

Obviously if the infection persists see your vet.

Stan
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I do not agee with the tip because of the reasons given in the 'Bad breath tip'