View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 08:22 PM
i think it depends on the dog. alot of dogs will thrive on burns and some wont tolerate it. No one brand suits every dog, i hope u find a brand that urs can thrive on
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 08:23 PM
My Rosie has just lost nearly 3kgs on the Burns High Oats, especially for overweight dogs .........the extra weight she kept on after her litter at christmas , Lily is growing great on the mini-bites and Paddy is filling out nicely on the lamb & rice.
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm a BURNS fan too; I converted from a different brand of "puppy complete dry" and have been very impressed; excellent coat, good weight management, and small, solid stools.

My only comment would be to emphasis the importance of sticking to the (small) portion sizes, to prevent a build up of 'waste' food. This unfortuately has led to one very hungry pooch.......
fosters
Dogsey Junior

21-03-2005, 11:00 PM
best food for our staffie and the smell is no longer happening thanks to burns
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Since my post was erased even though I answered the OP...I'll repost...

I feed Burns as well. I believe we only have the Chicken and Fish varieties here. The fish didn't sit well with my group at all...dry skin, diarhea, etc. The chicken does wonders for them. I alternate the Burns with Natural Life although I don't believe that that's available in the UK.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Can I ask, is it any good for dog's with Wheat allergies? Pickles is on James Wellbelvoed Turkey and Rice which contains no wheat gluten and he does well on it. However having read the ingredients of Burns I'm quite impressed, plus it suits older dogs and is cheaper!!
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Hard for me to say because we have such a different variety of food than you all have. You could probably do a search for 'wheat free' or 'gluten free' dog food and come up with some sites.
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Charlie does very well on the lamb and rice and the venison and rice,he is wheat/gluton intolerant.It is one of the only foods I can find not full of ground yellow corn
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Can I ask, is it any good for dog's with Wheat allergies? Pickles is on James Wellbelvoed Turkey and Rice which contains no wheat gluten and he does well on it. However having read the ingredients of Burns I'm quite impressed, plus it suits older dogs and is cheaper!!
Hi RS yes it is good for wheat allergies as it does not contain any wheat, it is mostly rice and oats and one has barley. I think it is an excellent food if you wish to feed a complete..it is not tested on animals and does not contain lots of additives and there is an organic option too.If you are interested contact Burns for free samples, they are really helpful people with their own nutritionlist on hand to help.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! Think I'll do that Mini, he's getting on a bit now and think he needs something better. James Well Beloved is ok, but the ingredients leave a bit to be desired!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2