Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:30 PM

Remus aka Houdini!

I was driving home after a pleasant afternoon in the park and saw a lovely looking lurcher running across our road I from of me....then instantly realised it was my lovely lurcher!

I stopped the car and called him, but because my voice echoed off the houses he started to run back across the road! I cupped my hands and called him again and he gave me a perky 'oh it's you!' Look and sprinted straight to me thankfully!

Despite lots of warnings, which my partner had forgotten, he left Remus in the lounge while the windows were open and Remus had taken advantage of the little door available to him!

We live one block over from the main road in a our small town with an alley way leading to it right opposite our house. He had been coming back from the main road! Who know show close he got to it, or if he just stopped off at the scout hall down the alleyway where we had had a party on Saturday so I expect our scent was still around there!

So lucky he didn't go elsewhere, get hit by a car or taken by someone wanting a lurcher!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Cor blimey that was lucky!!
Glad he's ok and came back to you no trouble
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Wow! Lucky you spotted him, little minx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Very very lucky. I feel very fortunate especially as my friends ex racer girl was charged at by a GSD on a walk today. She bolted and the lead was snatched from my friends hand. They've been searching for her since lunchtime and have just found her dead on a railway track.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Oh no! That is so sad
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:23 PM
So sad. She is usually walked on lead and only ever let off in really safe places. Poor dog. That's the second that I know that has been killed after being spooked by a GSD. another friend phoned me one night to get advice as she had just taken on a puppy ACD. Completely bonkers as she had three very young children, not at all the right dog for them but she worked really really hard and was just about getting there with her when she was charged at by a GSD, she was a year old at the time and bolted and ran straight in front of a bus and was killed instantly. GSD's owner was nowhere to be seen.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Very very lucky. I feel very fortunate especially as my friends ex racer girl was charged at by a GSD on a walk today. She bolted and the lead was snatched from my friends hand. They've been searching for her since lunchtime and have just found her dead on a railway track.
OMG!

just the imagine to find mine dead, without I ever had could get prepared of it (by sickness or so)
I think I just would break down
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:26 PM
How sad to hear that your friend's dog died so tragically.
Thank goodness you spotted Remus before any damage was done.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 09:33 PM
So sad. She was supposed to be going to a dog sitters today as they were supposed to be flying to France tomorrow for a holiday.
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
That's just awful. So sorry