Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ZootHornRollo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-10-2008, 09:21 PM

Dog Cage for Peugeot 407sw

Hi,

i am about to purchase a Peugeot 407sw Estate and would like to put two cages in the boot for our collies.

They need to be in seperate cages as at agility shows one will try to get out while i am taking the other out for her run. I had considered the tailgate guard and seperator but as one of the dogs has scratched the back of my current car, including the glass, as she gets up tight when its not her turn! i would like her to be enclosed in a cage. it would be safer for her and easier on my car.

with my current car i have to tie one dog to the dog guard with her lead to get the other one out and close the boot. Then go into the car and untie her. So seperate cages is definately the way to go.

can anyone suggest either a pair of cages or a twin cage that will fit?

i have seen the £400 boxes produced by the likes of TransK9 but i really can't stretch to that!

if you don't have any suggestions for cages but have a 407sw, would you mind measuring your boot for me and let me know the dimensions?

they are small collie bitches but i would like the biggest cages that will fit.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 10:06 AM
we had a 407sw before this car...fantastic car but the shape of the boot doesn't help in getting cages to fit as its very narrow from headreast too boot door. I was told a tailgate would leave a fairly narrow head space...now I have 2 GSDs so as yours are smaller this may do. But you may struggles to get a large cage. Try canine concepts as they do cages that are angled at the top we ordered a large and it didn't fit. May be if the medium would take your dogs that would do. These cages come with a divider and 2 doors. They are about £80
ZootHornRollo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-10-2008, 04:22 PM
thanks,

i found these cages on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=380065288454

Think i will give them a shot.

i snuck up on my dogs last night while they were sleeping and measured them. they can easily lie on the bottom of these cages sprawed out how they sleep in the house and the height is enough too.

i'll get them and try them over the winter when we are not going to be at agility shows and therefore they won't be in the car for extended periods. See how they work out. i can always get something new in the spring if these prove to be uncmortable for the dogs.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 09:16 AM
yes thats similar to what we had but ours wasn't quite as narrow at the top...good luck with the new car you will love it