Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 11:12 AM

How much do you spend on....

OK, this is just a rough poll/questionnaire. Partly brought about by the whole free-range chicken thing, partly as I'm re-budgeting our income (boo!)

1. How much do you spend on meat per week?
2. How many people is this for?
3. Is it from a supermarket/butchers/other?
4. Is it fresh meat/ready prepared meat (e.g. stuffed, coated etc)?

Thanks!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I have no idea, except to say that Michelle gets £300.00 a week for housekeeping (£150.00 from me and £50.00 each from the kids) and she is always asking me for more money as she keeps saying that's "she's abit short this week". Her purse is like a drain. It's alway empty!

I do know that we don't eat crap that comes in packets and that every meal is cooked from fresh, but then again there is five of us here.

Oh and that doesn't include the dogs meat, I have to buy that from the abattoir as she say's that she can't face the animals going for slaughter. (It's not as if she knew them personally, is it?) so that's another £50.00 a week.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I couldn't tell you to be honest...we have £100 a month to spend on food (2 people) - and we shop monthly, not weekly!
We generally buy about 4 packs of mince, 2 or 3 x stewing steak, 6 chicken breasts, 1 chicken, 1 beef - and if we have enough, some tuna steaks.
We also buy packs of 12 frozen chicken breasts in garlic breadcrumbs.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Fresh meat, from a butchers, for myself and my 5 year old wee lad, about £10-20 a week but totally depends as we don't have meat in every single meal, sometimes we eat out and once a fortnight max (usually less often) we might get a takeaway. But every week i'll go to town to our local butcher and spend about that on fresh meat for us but it also depends on what they have at the time and what I fancy that week, sometimes might be gammon or chicken or mince or steak or whatever and obviously they are all different prices depending on what you get so it's never the same if you know what I mean.

That doesn't include the dogs meat.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Well I spend about £50 a week in M & S, £140 a week in Sainsbury's but that's for ALL the household stuff including lots of medical stuff for mum! All in all, I'd say £200 a week for 3 of us to eat and live comfortably with luxuries such as double quilted loo rolls! Lol!

We never eat c**p such as ready meals, coz I have all the time in the world to cook every day plus I enjoy it, and I don't enjoy ready meals. Meat and three veg every day for 3 of us, and that's good meat, beef, lamb, pork or a free range chicken. Mince or pasta, is a once a month thing here, and a roast is every other day, purely because I have the time to do it and the money to buy it. We live to eat in this house, we don't eat to live! I might add, this hasn't always been the case, there have been times where it's been a case of do we eat tonight or put money in the meter to have a bath??? So I'm enjoying it while it lasts at the moment! Plus we never go out, we don't drink or take an annual holiday, so we sort of enjoy every day with a bit of luxury in our food.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
OK, this is just a rough poll/questionnaire. Partly brought about by the whole free-range chicken thing, partly as I'm re-budgeting our income (boo!)

Thanks!!

1.) Meat per week...about um....£10, hard to say as it isn't eaten everyday..
2.) One and a half (my OH and son...I'm a veggie).
3) I buy organic chicken nuggets and organic meatballs and Helen Browning Organic sausages from a supermarket, but not every week. All other meat is from a fantastic local butcher.
4) Most is fresh, but some is not (see above).

Somedays we all eat veggie though!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

About 20ish
2people and scraps for china!
supermarket as donthave time to go butchers but when i am at home would like to change to butchers...
fresh meat.... steak and chicken or fish...

Thanks!!
hope that helps...
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Usually about £20 a week on meat and buy from our local butcher every week.

Only time I buy out of supermarket is if I've forgotton something.

There's only myself and Sid to cater for! I buy fresh meat, usually a mix of smoked bacon, cumberland sausage, fresh diced lamb (for hot-pot or stew), fresh chicken breasts. Sometimes beef mince or lamb mince when doing chilli, spag bol or mexican meatballs.

The best value things are the meat-packs they sell, a comb of stuff including leg of lamb, joint of beef, steaks etc. I get these every so often and freeze them for when we fancy them.

Depends what we fancy cooking during the week, I usually look recipies up and shop specifically for them and map the weeks meals out that way