Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 08:57 PM

seasonal alopicia

does anyone else have a dog that suffers from seasonal alopicia bruno one of my boxers has had patches on both hips go bald which the vet put down to being a thiroid problem but after extensive tests discovered that it was,nt she wanted to do more tests o him but the hair started coming back so left it now again his hair is coming out in exactly the same spots she has said that this is becoming very common anyone else heard this?
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I've heard of it, yes, but luckily haven't experienced it with any of my Boxers. I've mostly dealt with hives and pressure sores (with the rescues).
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Yes we had a little corgi jrt cross who suffered quite badly - we narrowed it down to tree pollen in the end. She always ended up on steroids for a couple of months each year which helped but didn't get rid of the bald patches completely.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 11:48 PM
my patterdale suffers from baldness too
the vet says it is a thyroid problem and she has tablets for it but it dont, stop the baldness
she has had the problem for years and loses all the fur from her sides