View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Mine only have the one meal aday from about 9mths.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 03:30 PM
My dog sometimes refuses his food a couple of days then goes back to normal eating, I also split his feeds into one morning and one evening feed.

Sometimes I add extras such as fish or a bit of canned meat just to pep it up a bit. He adores Tuna!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 05:27 PM
well shes not a big eater, so i dont really worry about bloat. Even with somethin really tasty she eats it quite slow. I was thinkin i might jus give her a marrow bone in morning then give her a meal in the evening. infact, she hasnt even eaten today... maybe its too hot for her
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 07:42 PM
blimey max is still upset from when i took him from 3 meals to 2!!!! thats labs for you. i intend to always give him 2 but if indie is happy on one then go for it jenny
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Mine are back to just one meal a day now. After spending a lazy winter getting fat there now all cutting back and going out more.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Here's another thought...and it's just a thought...

Knowing nothing about dog biology...I know if I only ate my day's intake one time per day, I'd be starving and crabby at night. Do dogs feel 'hungry' or is eating strictly out of a sense of survival? Anyone know?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2005, 09:32 PM
maybe Indie being in season and not getting as much exercise means she is not hungry.

I know if Star has had a lot of exercise she seems hungry earlier.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
blimey max is still upset from when i took him from 3 meals to 2!!!! thats labs for you. i intend to always give him 2 but if indie is happy on one then go for it jenny
I know exactly what you mean! If I fed Woody once a day he'd have a fit. As soon as he comes back from his walk I can feel his eyes boring into me!! I'd really like to put them on one meal a day cos Pic is a fussy eater and eats more on one meal a day but I'm afraid Woody would eat me while I slept if I did this!
Jenny, I think I'd put her on one meal a day. Don't think it would do her any harm and every dog is different after all!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 10:34 PM
well ive made her into a fussy eater, so thats probably why, shes waiting for something better. And even tho ive been good and jus keep putting the same thing down everyday she still doesnt really eat. She probably eats about enough to survive,lol.
im tryin to be tactful now and do some training with her in the morning with titbits then give her a meal in the evening. that way i kno shes eating and im keepin her trained

indie is the first dog ive met who doesnt like chicken! or fish for that matter! infact, im sure the only thing she does like is beef...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2