Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Best headcollar
Halti 4 57.14%
Gentle Leader 0 0%
Canny Collar 0 0%
Other 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-03-2005, 11:40 PM

Which is best??

I'm guessing this has been discussed before, but I'd really appreciate your views. For those of you who use them, what d'you reckon's the best, most comfortable and most effective headcollar? I only know of three types, and currently use a Halti.

I'd really appreciate any ideas
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Well according to the message I've just got, I've already voted, even though it still has the vote thingy at the top

I actually prefer the gentle leaders. With these you can lead from either side which walking 3 dogs is a bonus.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 09:39 AM
I voted other as it depends on the dog and the handler! Having owned different breeds with different temperaments and trainability, I would be open to various training collars and methods.
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

19-03-2005, 10:06 AM
I would find itr difficult to vote on this as I have invented a device called a Jingler that is going through patent and tests as we speak.

The Jingler is a simple device that uses sound therapy. It works by distracting your dog momentarily from what it is doing. The repetition of the jingle and either a change of direction or a command conditions your dog so that it associates the noise with a movement or command. It clips on the lead nearest the dog.

Your dog will soon get the idea that for instance, if you are curing (pulling on the lead) then if the walk is to continue the dog quickly works out that the Jingler, plus my technique means it cannot possibly pull on the lead and watch your movements at the same time. You will then be in control of the walk and the reward for good behaviour is for the walk to continue.

The Jingler can be used for a variety of problems “Walking to Heel” “Jumping Up” “Barking” “Nipping & Mouthing” (both puppy and adult dogs), “Food Snatching” and to aid “Recall” and “General Obedience”. I have also used it successfully for some cases of interdog aggression, food stealing, jumping on furniture etc. It is at present going through trials with a number of behaviourists and trainers.

Sorry sounds as if I am advertising, I promise you I am not. But I got fed up with all the Halti's and gentle leaders where you are not curing the problem only controlling it. It is not available except on special order as I am in negotiation with a number of people and organisations that want to promote it..after all the tests have been completed.

Stan
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 10:29 AM
I voted halti but it's really the only one I have experience of - the newer halti harness or the lupi actually work best for my dogs.