Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Your first post said the following:

Er In working trials if your dog moves at any time ALL points are lost in Obedience all tests have to have the points graduated

You have omitted the previous sentence in the rules, "minor movements may be penalised" so actually dogs CAN move at ANY time without losing ALL their marks.

You don't find synonyms in dictionaries, you find them in thesauruses.

And if you read my post carefully you would see I said FRONT paws not ALL paws, and I think you will find that in order to complete a retrieve a dog actually has to recall to the handler (unless of course you would like to call what a dog does when it returns to the handler in the present position something else).

Observation skills and reading ALL the relevant text (instead of picking out the bits that suit your argument) are things that are useful in a judge!

But then, this is proof positive of my earlier posts...........
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
If the steward did not command you then you should not have been penalized, the judge would have intevened & corrected the steward's mistake.

You are working B & C then with the change of pace being part of the heelwork in these two classes ?

Judge didn't comment....but when I went again in a higher class, she commented on my clear pace changes ????

I'm not competing yet ( I did with previous Dog in the 80's) but I'm doing local companion/fun show classes in preparation for next year.
Both Dogs have good retrieves, stays & recalls & the youngest is just starting out of sight stays.
Since I've left the "obedience" club & gone it alone the Dogs have progressed in their training far better.

Back to the O.P .. I'd suggest watching a few competitors at local shows & seeing how people motivate their Dogs, what works & what doesn't.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Whatever-there is still no recall to front in C, only one command allowed in Scent & retrieve to send the dog out & the dog has to complete the exercise & present itself without being "recalled".

The recall is part of the sendaway & recall, when the dog is recalled to the heel position & not the present

Well I'm off to look out for the Ob Ch that walks only on it's back legs in the retrieve & recall to heel in the SA
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes you look away, I always find it so interesting that some people appear totally unable to learn something new about anything. But then that means they never develop either as a person or a judge.

When you next judge ticket I am sure there are plenty of people who could tell whose dog never used to have their front paws on the floor in the "present" position. But, ooops, as you know it all, I don't suppose you will find that out! ROFLMAO

When I judge my next ticket, (in September) I will ask what OTHER dogs do the same (yes there are Ch C handlers in WT)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3