Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2007, 08:43 PM

pains in the back

oh dear
Limao somehow hurt his back i don't know how, i don't know why i am with him24/7 and if i'm not, he is in his cage-sleeping.
the most pain in his back end, specially with hind left leg and back. he is not limping, but walking stiff and would lift his right leg to pee, but not left. he cant manage more than 100meters of walking
he screams if i lift him holding him around his chest with his hind legs hanging down and if i lift him supporting his back end
we were running up and down the hill and his was doing stairs, but the same as every day in 2 months he is here. he is very active dog, but i cant see what could cause the pain as i didn't saw him fall or anything...
any thoughts or experiences on this?
he is only 3 years old prt
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 08:50 PM
i had a boxer cross who had suffered similar symptoms with him it was a traped nerve in his spine once the vet checked him over and diagnosed what it was . he wud get it on an of over the yrs after a long walk or running around i used to gentle massage his back and legs and he would be ok . but pleaz dnt do this until ur vet has seen him and made a diagnosis as the two cud be just similar in symptoms there could be another cause for it in ur little dog .let me know what vet says jacepak you can pm with results and if its the same i can describe to u hw i massaged juke . goodluck m8 i hope its not to serious and he is well again soon
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2007, 09:30 PM
thank you:smt058
i have been to the vets today . she examined him and said that he has probably pulled a muscle or something. she put him on bed rest and gave him some rimadyl and solu medrol.
she just called me (such a nice vet ) and ask me how he is. told me to come back tomorrow morning.
will keep you updated
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 09:44 PM
im so glad jacekpak its not to serious love and kisses to ur baby frm dolly
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Hi Nina dogs do sometimes hurt there backs,Amy did when she was little and for no apparent reason.

Remember pain is the bodies reaction to injury, it forces us to rest to allow time for recovery and the same goes for dogs too so it is not always a bad thing.

Limao will need to rest and to be prevented from jumping up and climbing stairs, not easy with an active dog I know.
I hope he is better soon.
JacekPacek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2007, 11:37 AM
thanks
he got rimadyl today again and is resting-big time. i carry him up and down the stairs and the only walk he did was his 5mins toilet walk
he is not depressed so much as he was yesterday. hope it is nothing serious