Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 04:36 PM

Going wireless - 2nd attempt!

Well I have now bought a Netgear DG834G which is supposed to be compatible with aol, so I'm going to try again! This time I have a CD with it which is marked "start here" so maybe that's a good place to start!

Hope I don't need you guys, and if I do b*lls it up, I hope I can get back in here!!

Wish me luck then, I'm off. I don't know where to plug it in yet, and I don't know whether I should be online to start off with, but hopefully the CD will tell me all that. Here goes then....... Byeeeeeeeeeee
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2006, 04:51 PM
we'll be here when you get back to help if needed
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Hope it works
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 04:58 PM
good luck with it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks Leo, Zuba and Blackie's Mum. I just started to do it and realised I hadn't made a note of my username and password on aol, and then Come Dancing came on, so it's now back in it's box till tomorrow!!! As if I care!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2006, 06:17 PM
we will still be hear tomorrow as well
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Yayyyyyyy I did it!!! Not too much hassle either. I got half way thru and it couldn't detect the router even though all the lights were on etc. so I went into my internet bit on the control panel and "enabled" the ethernet connection and then tried again. I sailed through it all then!!

Just one small problem! I'm now on IE, and yet I always used my aol browser where I have all my stuff and e-mail etc. and I need to get that browser up, but because I don't actually sign on anymore with this wireless router, can anyone tell me please how to bring up the aol browser then????? Or am I daft????

p.s. I'm defo gonna need some help when we come to using his new wireless laptop, coz Dave will be doing that bit, and I'm sure he'll have a problem, he's a man afterall!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 12:47 PM
All done thanks Leo His laptop was easier than the other bit. I've managed to get my aol browser open too without too much problem, aol wanted to update stuff as we had gone wireless (i.e. take everything over again!!)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Good for you Helen, well done. Most of the major manufacturers make it quite simple to do. We've got the same setup at home now and it's great. I love being able to use the laptop in front of the tele.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
All done thanks Leo His laptop was easier than the other bit. I've managed to get my aol browser open too without too much problem, aol wanted to update stuff as we had gone wireless (i.e. take everything over again!!)
So when is he joining Dogsey then Helen
Well done for getting it all up and working
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >