Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 02:49 PM

One of the big plus points of having a dog

It occurred to me today when I was down at the lake with Bella that one of the bonuses of owning a dog is that, when you get a day like I am having today, where you have so many different things to do but don't actually START on any of them and the more you think about what you should do first and so on the more brain dead you become.

Take the dog for a walk! I then never feel that my day has been COMPLETELY a wasted one!

Mind you I think the way I'm going here today it will be my only achievement. Started sorting thro and chucking out some old paperwork and got as far as old dog pedigree forms and haven't done a thing since. Poring over them and thinking about all the lovely dogs I've loved and lost. And then mucking about on here!

*I'm not sure why a lot of us women think we 'should' be quite busy most of the time. But I know a lot who do. And feel a bit guilty if they do nothing at all.

Taking the dog for a walk neatly avoids that feeling!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I know what you mean! I'm having a 'quiet' day today before going back to work tomorrow after around 11 days off and am feeling quite guilty about not having actually done anything - except walk the dogs twice so not a complete couch potato!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Daft thing I feel quite worn out doing next to nothing. I think just milling over in your mind about all the stuff you 'should' be doing is exhausting.

I have actually accomplished a little more (staying away from my new flat today or I will get nothing at all done). Have turfed out a load of surplus paperwork and old operating instructions and guarantees for stuff that is well past its date or no longer in existence.

I confess to never having gone totally 'paperless' with the property managing stuff I do. I like a big wad of stuff to shove at the owners should they ever appear. I email everything anyway - don't keep all this for myself.

My job is 100% paperless apart from an annual product range catalogue from our biggest supplier that I very occasionally use to check if something doesn't look right.
Well I've done the filing and I've emptied out all the drawers and back of my wallet where bits tend to get shoved.

I should really have stayed in bed all day today as tomorrow is going to be my penance day from hell. I have to go to the water board, the elec authority offices and the sewerage board AND the internet supplier offices. As Tuesday is yet ANOTHER public holiday here I am guessing it is going to be the most fun day ever (NOT) Mondays are busy anyway but then Wednesdays are half day closing (full day is only til 1.30!)

I've got an anomaly on a lecky bill here showing about €140 credit. I usually am paying 3 or 4 in and I reckon some bright spark (pardon the pun) has paid one twice and another not at all. That will add to the excitement sorting that out.

Now think of me because I am going to try to rouse the hapless Sabby from his slumbers this evening and tell him if he doesn't pull his finger out getting the lecky supply to my old flat put in his name - I will present him with MY bill (which has been in his name - we swapped) and pay the one my name is on!

That should concentrate his attention - his avg bill is under €50 and mine is around €400! I really don't mind if we do swap!

Just got to print off the ones that are emailed and not posted. Then tomorrow, after taking Bella out early, set off for the happiest day of the year at the utilities.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Tang,you really are a scream
I have to be constantly doing stuff or planning what I 'm gonna do at least Even when I'm on here,one hand is typing while the other is doing something else,but no matter what I manage to acheive in a day,there's nothing quite as rewarding as taking a hike with the Princess( or 3 )