Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Doggie Bike trailers

Has anyone used a doggie bike trailer ? I am considering buying one for the summer to get to my local walks that my dogs love and not use the car .

I have found a few online and cant decide which one to go for , my husband is a keen cyclist and I want to be able to go with him where he can go moutain biking and I can walk the dogs, we also have a trip to france and a trip to spain planned with the dogs which also involves cycling.

So anyone out there who uses a doggie bike trailer ?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
My Dad has one - for me to trail his fishing stuff to the local lakes - I don't do it any more.

I don't think you'd get two hounds in though, not in the one my Dad got anyway.

Go for it - but perhaps see if someone has one you can borrow before you buy your own, that way you can get yours used to the feel and you haven't wasted money if they don't like it, I tried Sadie in one and she hated it! (Kids loved it though - felt like a taxi driver taking them around the block)

Lucky you - trip to Spain and France - not jealous at all!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
My Dad has one - for me to trail his fishing stuff to the local lakes - I don't do it any more.

I don't think you'd get two hounds in though, not in the one my Dad got anyway.

Go for it - but perhaps see if someone has one you can borrow before you buy your own, that way you can get yours used to the feel and you haven't wasted money if they don't like it, I tried Sadie in one and she hated it! (Kids loved it though - felt like a taxi driver taking them around the block)

Lucky you - trip to Spain and France - not jealous at all!
I have used one before with 2 kids in so hoping it is much the same (wish I had kept it ! gave it away to a mate !) , although my daughter did say what if Tom sees a cat and jumps out , the ones I have looked at have clips to attach harnesses to so hoping they are safe, the dogs travel well in the car and hopefully they will take to the doggie trailer , I dont know of any shops that sell them to have a look , only seen them online and as for the France and Spain trips , my SIL lives in Spain and her nieghbour has kennels so makes it easy to have the dogs there , she has two galgos (Spanish Hunting Dogs) so not sure how they will get on but we have plan b with the kennels which have nice big runs and the France trip is Northern France with Brittany Ferries , trying it out first to see how it goes with dogs in europe , hopefully fine and then we can do the longer trip to Spain, leaving it till later in the year though to avoid the extreme heat for the dogs.