Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 10:53 PM

PRA Testing

How do I go about it? I know some shows do eye testing but silly me forgot to enter SKC so what are the other ways of getting it done? Not wanting it done right away but would like to get it done before the end of the year probaly.. Not decided on using him at stud yet but I want to get him tested anyway just to make sure everything is ok!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Look In your area for clinic's. we have one that come near us (about 5miles away) 3 times a year and this Is where we have the prcd form of pra and glaucoma tests done.

You can have the dna test done for pra, Its ordered from america and sent back as a blood sample. But even with the dna test you should still have the yearly one done.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Their is one in Kilmarnock I used but I will look the list for you and see if there is one closer.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2010, 12:28 AM
This is the nearest BVA one that ya need for annual test. I think KC also require you to do PRA DNA one though as well
A T McKENZIE BVMS
CertVOphthal MRCVS
McKenzie, Bryson & Marshall MsRCVS
21 Hill Street, Kilmarnock
Ayrshire KA3 1HA
Telephone 01563 522701
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Look In your area for clinic's. we have one that come near us (about 5miles away) 3 times a year and this Is where we have the prcd form of pra and glaucoma tests done.

You can have the dna test done for pra, Its ordered from america and sent back as a blood sample. But even with the dna test you should still have the yearly one done.
I've saw people say on fb that there is group testings being done and sent to America or something. Just luck when they send them off I guess!

Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
This is the nearest BVA one that ya need for annual test. I think KC also require you to do PRA DNA one though as well
A T McKENZIE BVMS
CertVOphthal MRCVS
McKenzie, Bryson & Marshall MsRCVS
21 Hill Street, Kilmarnock
Ayrshire KA3 1HA
Telephone 01563 522701
Thanks! I'll give them a call soon.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I've saw people say on fb that there is group testings being done and sent to America or something. Just luck when they send them off I guess!
No it isn't luck the dates are fixed by the clinic organizers & you can take part by post. You get a discount for using a 20/20 clinic

Have a look on Optigen for clinics in the UK

Val Tiller is running one on 7th September

September 07, 2010 - Foxbarton All Breed 20/20 Clinic - ENGLAND
Blood sample collection for OptiGen tests. For clients attending and postal participation for UK residents. Discounted microchipping available. For more information, please contact Val Tiller.
Breed: All Breeds
Location: "Foxbarton", 15 Beaconsfield Road, Langley Vale, Epsom, Surrey, UK KT18 6HA
Email: val.tiller@talk21.com
Phone: 01372 273597