View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Can anyone recommend an anti pull harness?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good anti pull harness for Zara. She pulls a fair amount on the lead, especially to go to greet another dog. She has been known to pull me over when excited .

She was on a Halti for a few months, but it kept riding up into her eyes and irritating them, so I stopped using it and switched to a canny collar. This is very good for not riding up, but pretty complicated to take on and off when out and about.

I would like a simple anti pull harness that can be kept on when she is off the lead, so that I can simply clip the lead on when I need to, rather than put her legs through the harness all over again etc.

The gentle leader harness looks good, but I just wondered if there are any others anyone can recommend?

Thanks x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 06:20 PM
The halti harness is fantastic. Very simple to put on, can be left on while they run around and if you put the lead onto the front ring across the chest it stops them in thier tracks.
I use it on my 44kg fear aggresive girl and find it excellent.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I like the halti harness too, I don't walk him in anything else now.
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys, the halti harness actually looks really good, I think I'll go for one of those
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Just to echo what the others have said, we tried a few different harnesses and the Halti has been the best for us too.

Dee
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I have the halti harness for jake, and it was great. Only problem I had was that it rubbed the fur on the top of his legs and it went all wirey so I stopped using it.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 07:00 AM
I tried the Halti for Ben, but like yours it would ride up into his eyes and irritate him. I went for the gentle leader...hmmm? must root that out again as he is starting to pull again

xx
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I used a halti on Lana for a while but it didn't stop her pulling. I then got the canny collar and on the first day I thought I had cracked it but sadly by day 2 she was pulling again.

I bought a body harness last week, don't know what make as I left the packaging in the pet shop and it's worked a miracle I can't believe how well she walks with it on.

I always take the harness of when we get to the park as she plays lots with other dogs and I'm a bit wary of them catching their paws or claws in it. Are some really safe to stay on or does it depend on how your dog plays with others.
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I think it depends on the dog. I personally don't like the body harnesses I think they aid pulling. Any dog that needs to pull will wear one, like huskys. I did buy a body harness for Zeus my labrador and it made thing much worse. We changed to a gentle leader and the pulling has stopped he no longer lunges at other dogs. He's just so much calmer with it on, I do take it off while he's off lead and he's happy as larry.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Goodluck and keep us posted how you get on xxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >