Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
seren1981
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Any dog walking groups around North / West Glasgow

I was wondering if any one knows of any dog walking groups around the north of Glasgow (or other areas that are easy to get to by train from Summerston) Or even anyone who would like to walk their dog together with me occasionally

I have a greyhound who is good with other dogs and humans, but being a greyhound, can not be let off the lead apart from in enclosed areas as he will run in a straight line for ever! I would prefer to find a group / person who also has on-lead dogs as he gets frustrated being around other dogs that are able to run while he has to be held back.

His only problem is a strong reaction to cats and squirrels etc but he know the difference between a dog and a squirrel! He was whelped and brought up in a house with other dogs and children so although he was a racer, he knows how to behave and is one of the friendliest dogs in the park!

We usually walk in Maryhill park and occasionally along the Kelvin, but I would love to take him to some of the other parks or out into the country, but I am rubbish at going to new places on my own!