Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 03:27 PM

Entering an open show, advice needed plz

I have entered Maddy into a few opens in the area, first being this weekend, however, I have not heard anything back to confirm I am entered, not from any of them. Is this the norm, do I just turn up? Or should I have heard something back?

Like I said first one on saturday, getting slightly concerned now

Cheers guys xx
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 03:45 PM
you dont here back from them, it terrified me on our first show as i didnt know if i was entered or not, give the secutery a ring if you are worried
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Cheers Kerrie you a star, was just getting a bit worried there
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

15-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Just turn up for open shows unless they need a pass to get in, as at an agricultural show. You will get notification and passes for Ch Shows though. It might be worth a check on your Schedule, sometimes it says on them that Passes will not be sent, or that Passes will be sent - if nothing then assume you're O.K.to turn up. On arrival check in and you will get your ring number. Kath
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 04:27 PM
They do this just to scare us surely

Thanks Kath
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by random
They do this just to scare us surely

Thanks Kath
No. you get used to it, turn up, and don't worry. If you take your entry envelope to the Post Office you can ask for a proof of posting, if you have that then no one can stop you showing even if the show has not received your entry, you may have to pay again but the show society secretary will tell the KC about it and they will write to you and ask you to send them the proof of posting, you will then get your money back. No one can stop you exhibiting your dog if you say you entered, you just pay again and carry on, only thing is if you can’t prove you had entered you will have any award you may win taken away from you.

Not sure if that makes sense, but you will in time understand what I am trying to say.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 04:51 PM
No I understand Thordell, will get a reciept from now on! Thank you!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Don't forget something to pin your number on with - I did forget and had to hold it!
You will probably be given your number when you go in the ring, by the steward.
Enjoy! It will be over in a flash! At my first Open Polly came 3rd, I was soooooo proud of her, when I got home my other dog ate the rosette out of jealousy and I had to beg the secretary for a replacement!
We still do Open shows and after nine years in the ring, Polly still gets the odd third!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 07:57 PM
...............one more thing, have fun!

Hope you have a great time, good luck - and I bet this is the start of many more to come (it's addictive you know! )
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Yes, go on and have fun, we have just entered our pups into a show in April, will be nervous on the day silly as it passes to dogs, have not shown dogs in umpteen years, anyway just turn up and enjoy it, xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >