Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 07:19 AM

Stormy Saturday 8th July 2023

Morning all to come on what I thought was going to be a fine day but nope tiddling a bit on and off and very warm or is that humid? Anyway must away and do a wander before it does chuck it down. Brolly/gamp or umbrella to hand. Have a good day peeps.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 08:11 AM
Morning Brenda and all to follow.

Weather here sounds like yours.

Just going to be putting air in my tyres in a moment when I just popped out the tyre warning light came on just general air loss and me not being proactive checking.

Then off to the allotment have a skip appointment booked for 11.30 as someone has "knocked or intentionally" broken a piece of glass on our plot that was meant for the far side shed window so will dispose of that hence forth.
After that onto the farm shop pick up my bread and some bacon and home for a nice bacon and egg roll (have the roll and the egg) not the bacon, LOL . I just fancy one.

Nothing much planned for this afternoon bar putting up a new curtain pelmet in the porch/hall as finished the decorating there and need to complete the job..

HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 09:54 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

Hope you managed a dry walk Brenda

Have a good day pottering around Kazz

Teazle walked and all the outside windows cleaned. Also dead headed the roses once again but now it has started to rain, well at least a few large drops. Very humid though.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 10:54 AM
Good morning all.

A nice morning here. Overcast with the sun breaking through every now and then. I'm thinking the rain just missed us as you could see it coming down out to sea. Looks like we are in for thunderstorms this afternoon though

Ted has had a lightbulb moment today in that he still gets his sausage if he lays down on my knee while I eat. It's a lot more comfortable for us both when he does. In Terrier style though, it has to be his idea of course

I hope everyone stays dry today and that they get all their jobs done. For me, it's changing the bedding this afternoon which always takes a long time as I have to have plenty of breaks along the way
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2023, 12:29 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Kazz, Sue, Chris and all to follow.
Very humid here too.
Bad night with Brewster last night he was hot and I think feeling unwell after his first vaccination. So Brewster and I got up and sat in the garden for a while then came in and left the back door open.
He eventually went back into the bedroom and slept till 5 am, Gorden got up with him and I had a lie until 6.
We needed to get his food as a company let us down for delivery last minute, as you say griff quick enough to take your money.
Waiting on a refund lucky we are in a position to be able to do that not everyone is which I pointed out.
Also waiting for his red dingo tag order placed on 23rd June. No replies to messages and do not answer the phone.
He wasn't a happy boy in the car again today but we will get there.
Now sleeping in the kitchen with the fan on him.

brenda I hope you got your walk, stayed dry and remembered to take your brolly just in case.
Kazz a shame about the glass. I hope you enjoyed your roll.
Sue I hope you manage to finish dead heading.
Chris sounds like Teddy is getting it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 03:23 PM
Lovely reading the puppy news
Roll was smashing
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 04:13 PM
Lynn, we used some bob Martin capsules for diez we couldn't get 2 minutes in a car before she puked, went miles to the seaside with her using them
Ahhh bless teddy, of course everything is better as his idea
Had Halfords out, the dashcam won't turn off, you have to do it manually so they are coming back Monday....£180 for something I have to turn off manually and now had to buy jump leads incase it drains the battery...not happy
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 05:05 PM
Vanilla ice cream for travel sickness works for lots of dogs. We used it for lots of puppies coming to classes.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2023, 06:25 PM
God, if I had given diez vanilla ice cream.....I dread to think, she had an allergy to cows milk, probably disaster both ends! Kota used to be mental in the car but after heading to Wolverhampton a few times she settled down at the point of Birmingham
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2023, 07:05 PM
Glad you enjoyed the roll Kazz.
Wow griff that's expensive. Fingers crossed the battery doesn't drain.

Brewster isn't sick, doesn't even drool he just seems to be unhappy at the moment in the car, I think it's because he wants to be with Gorden too.
Once he has had his 2nd jab and can go out we will take him to the Whitemoor nature reserve and the beach etc., and he will realise nice things happen when you go in the car.
He sings lovely and throws his head back and howls too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >