Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 06:09 AM

Woke early Wednesday 5th July 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a good night with pups etc. Chris hope you feel better today. The PCSO incident goes trundling on. Different bits have been said about why this PCSO didn't attend especially as he was in a marked car. Anyway have a good day everyone. Just for interest I looked up what a PCSO should do:https://profdev.college.police.uk/pr...countabilities
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 07:05 AM
Good morning all

Kelly, have tried raw - little monster won't touch it. I've tried hand feeding - nope. I've tried putting food down for 20 minutes and removing it - after 2 days of not eating I gave up on that as it was getting serious.

I'm afraid this is a throwback to the breeder who put five plates of food on the floor - scrambled egg, chicken cut up small, lamb cut up small, a plate of kibble. and another plate I couldn't identify. There were five dogs, three adult, two pups and she'd no idea who was eating what but as all the plates were full, I'm guessing they were all picky eaters.

The only thing he will reliably eat (and only over this last week or so) is scrambled egg. If I don't give him that, he picks at his plate and leaves most of it

We will get there, but it's going to be a long haul

I'm still very 'heavy headed' today, but a lot better. I've had a bad cough for the last couple of weeks so I'm guessing this is the last throws of either a chest infection or a cold
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 07:35 AM
Have you tried fish Chris?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2023, 09:27 AM
Morning brenda, Chris and all to follow.
Brewster was an angel last night. Settled down at 10.30, woke at 2 am, Gorden got up to him, he needed some company and a play and then settled down again at 3 am.
Woke again at 5 am so I got up we had a play and then we had a snooze till 7 am when Gorden got up.
He is really good with wee's goes on the pads or garden if out, and asks to do a pooh outside.
Brewsters breeder sent him home with a puppy kibble (Royal Canin). Not a fan of the brand or kibble especially for deep chested dogs. (Bloat).
I had decided after much research into good quality wet food which Dillon ended up being fed or starting the raw again.
Opted for raw, he is on a 80/10/10 raw beef at the moment and he absolutely loves it.
He also has some tripe which he will get some of in the next day or two .

Morning brenda.
Chris sorry to hear you are feeling unwell get better soon. Also more scooter trouble ? What a nuisance.
griff hoping all is well with you.
Sue hope your day is not too manic.
Kazz I hope you are well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 09:39 AM
Good morning Brenda, Chris and Lynn

Have a good day Brenda

Hope you soon feel better Chris. You will get there with Geddy but trial and error. I always think as long as they eat something then good. Had a very fussy eater with my first dog and never got him to eat well but he was healthy.

`Welcome home Brester and what a good boy. Enjoy the puppy time Lynn

Well hopefully my day can't be as bad as yesterday. Picked the girls up and after getting lunch boxes ready for today thought I would do a bit of ironing for Ben. The iron got luke warm and then nothing. Ana shouted that the fridge was not working so thought ok power cut, but no lights in the kitchen were on. Nothing had tripped. Ana and I went round the house with a table lamp trying all the sockets. All upstairs ok but only one half of the lounge was working and three of the sockets in the kitchen were not working either. Have no idea what has happened so will have to get an electrician in. Managed to run an extension lead from a working plug in kitchen for the fridge and fortunately the cooker, microwave and kettle still work.

Taken two to school and will pick up this afternoon. Although a strike day most of the school was in so that was good.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2023, 10:43 AM
Morning Sue. I really hope you get the electrics sorted soon, when you lead such a busy life its the last thing you need.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 11:27 AM
Maybe it's something to do with a fuse in fusebox? I have seperate fuses in mine but that could be just a flat thing.? Lynn royal canin is rubbish.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 12:03 PM
Awwww no Sue, what a nightmare! Hope you get an electrician out quickly but pleased you sorted the fridge out...phew!
I am o.k thanks Lynn, plodding on.....seems to be infection after infection at the moment which is delaying my surgery
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 12:24 PM
I'm going to try blended food for his evening meal Brenda and if that doesn't work I have fish waiting in the freezer for the next battle

Question, I have a tin of sardines in the cupboard and I'm thinking the stinky fish may tempt him, but I'm not sure about giving a pup sardines??
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2023, 01:22 PM
Yeah, it's fine to give him sardines and my vet said warm.... apparently they like stinky warm stuff, is it in spring water or brine? If it's brine, make sure it's well drained
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >