Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 06:59 AM

A New Month Saturday 1st July 2023

Morning all. Yep another month gone and the start of a new one. Have hopefully sorted some ebay issues. Just one to go. Sadly Barry it is a throw away society that I am told we live in now. Years ago I was told make do and mend. At least that was my Mum and Dads thoughts and they did. I sort of do that still now. Must be my upbringing. Barry hope you get it sorted or will you leave it to Sue? Have a good day folks, looks as though we might get some wet stuff today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-07-2023, 10:28 AM
to start the month of July off with a smile

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak.

After the mass, he asked the Monsignor how he had done. The Monsignor replied, “When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip.”

Next Sunday the new priest decided to take the monsignor’s advice. At the beginning, he felt nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm.

Upon returning to his office, he found a note on the door that said:

– Sip on the vodka, don’t gulp.

– There are 10 commandments, not 12.

– There are 12 disciples, not 10.

– Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

– Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not “Bet his ass.”

– We do not refer to Jesus Christ as “the late J.C.”

– We do not refer to the cross as the “Big T.”

– The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are not referred to as “Daddy, Junior and the Spook.”

– David slew Goliath, he did not “Kick the crap out of him.”

• When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, we do not say that he was “Stoned off his ass.”
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 11:49 AM
Good afternoon

Overcast and occasional drizzle. Have to pick Maria uo from gymnastics this afternoon and then back to us and wait for the rest to come later. They are having a sleepover and it is even better as Uncle Paul is here so I am not expecting a quiet evening or Sunday. I think I will be frazzled by the time they go home tomorrow

Tke care everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 01:14 PM
Sue as Barry's commandment say's have some vodka. Although I prefer gin or wine. Love it Barry. lol!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 03:55 PM
Good afternoon all

Got half way to the village this morning and one of the new scooters stopped dead. What was worse, the brake came on when the thing was put into )free wheel. Needless to say, Dave had one heck of a job getting it home. There's three weeks left on the guarantee, but with the touble we've had, we thought the guy next door (who is supposed to have 35 years experience and is recommended by the old ladies in the village) could have a look for us to save sending it back. A lot of shaking of the head, and he refused the job. So. come Monday, it's back on to the shop who will no doubt say it has to go back to them again. It looks like 'burial at sea' is back on the table What's worrying now is that after those three weeks, the other scooter could go with the same fault and we won't be able to find anyone to repair it or it will cost an arm and a leg
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 07:01 PM
Chris is is it something to do with charging up? Maybe a garage that deals with electric cars could help?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 07:10 PM
Nah, the guy next door thinks it's the main panel board which would cost (if we had to pay) around £400 for the part which is why I'm worried about the second one going after the 20th of the month when warranty runs out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 09:10 PM
Chris, did you pay by credit card? If so, you can ask them to step in.....a mobility scooter ( I assume new?) Should last longer than 12 months therefore, it's not fit for purpose and they should refund your money, doesn't matter if you only pay a deposit on credit card, they will cover the lot or get your money back for you. When Steve was looking at cars, if he was buying from a dealer, my mum said we could pay a deposit on her credit card and give her the money. Sorry you have had so much trouble with them.
I like Barry's post, I shall drink the vodka!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2023, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately not Kelly.

Everyone tells me they are brilliant scooters and they are when they work as they should. Sorry to say I think we must have got the lemons
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2023, 06:19 AM
Could you find out if anyone else has had the same problem Chris? If so then you could ask to have a repair or new one/s?