Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 07:42 AM

Thinking Thursday 22nd June 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a better nights sleep Kazz. Also everyone else. Hope Freya is better now and parents Lynn. I have been again for a walk along the beach this morning which is where I do a lot of thinking and this morning I thought how many times have I in the past walked along a beach on pebbles and wondered where do they come from? So I googled it and came across a great website called Curious Kids. Worth a look if you have children that are inquisitive. Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow.

Think I slept better did not wake up during the night so got to be a plus.

Washing on the line and an mail from BG saying prices going down so got to be good day. Made few phone calls eyes to be tested, boiler service etc etc. Have run the strimmer over the edges of the lawn and gone through the borders with the hoe. Later have to pick up some more emulsion and masking tape.

Going out for lunch with a friends today and hopefully with couple of my cousins tomorrow depends when they are travelling to their caravan tomorrow or Saturday.

Brenda Walks in general are great for resetting the mind and thinking.

Chris Yes the July date will allow you to plan it into your diary.

Sue Sure you will be busy today. Were the bushes you trimmed back at yours or your lads? have you noticed this year everything seems to have really took off plant wise.

Lynn Sounds like a plan puppy/dog sitting wise for future holidays. Hope Freya is feeling a little less delicate and returning to normal hopefully the week away will do you all the world of good be nice in the evening to have other adults to chat to at leisure.

Griff Hope you feel better yourself have you felt well enough to ring to rebook your surgery? How is your new eating plan going as well?

Catch you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Warm and sunny then dull but still warm, have a little bit of washing on the line.
Freya managed the nursery yesterday so feeling better and no tears so back to her normal self.
Lauren is slowly getting there and Mark is still clear thank goodness, his day off today he won't have much rest though as Freya only goes to nursery one day a week.
I am sure she will keep daddy on his toes.
Just spoke to Elaine whose Izzy whelped the litter we are getting our boy from. They start leaving this weekend.
Elaine says she will need tissues but they are now ready to move on need attention and the start of gentle training.
We got our first choice. Just ordered a blaster/dryer for him as he is a bit of a water baby he sleeps in his water dish, keeps him cool.
We will possibly buy him a paddling pool, Ollie and Dillon only ever drank from them, this boy might well paddle in it so will need drying off properly and I can blast his under coat out, temperatures are so much higher now than when Ollie and Dillon were with us. He will need all the help he can get.
Our friend is popping round later with the puppy harnesses, soft crate and doggy pushchair for us to borrow.
Her two adult Bernese are therapy dogs and today she is visiting Whitemoor prison a few minutes drive from us with her boy Bran, so will pop in on her way.

Enjoy lunch Kazz and it's lovely to get a price reduction on energy bills.
brenda I shall take a look at the website for Freya. It sounds very interesting.
Sue as Kazz says expect you will have a busy day.
Chris enjoy breakfast out.
griff as Kazz asked have you managed to re-book your appointment and hows the new eating plan going ?
I hope you are keeping well as can be.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 09:12 AM
Yeah just popped on to check I had logged out hadn't LOL so pleased you got your first choice Lynn - remind me what made him your first choice a feeling a look or combination. A water babe eh? a friend of mine used to have a Newfoundland and they lived by the coast north Yorkshire he adored the sea they belonged to a club there sure it was called Nova Water Bears.

Oh and I see Birmingham has named the Mechanical Bull Ozzie
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 10:01 AM
I have found some olives in oil on Tesco. Attis Gourmet Ionian Olives in Olive Oil 400g for £2.50 They are really yummy and keep in the fridge for two weeks once opened. That's if they last that long?lol!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2023, 10:06 AM
He has a lovely head Kazz and was a nice chunky pup. They are all lovely though I have to say, just something about him caught my eye from pictures and then seeing him in the flesh.
Elaine says he doesn't mind the blaster and is a total cuddle monster, just what we want.
I hope he is not such a lover of the water as a newfie.
Cool name for the mechanical bull.

The olives sound lovely brenda I love olives.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 02:59 PM
Yep they are nice, had them with salad. To finish off my afternoon I have again been playing scrabble and here are your words: Claque/Blaff/ and to finish Giddap and I always thought it was giddy up lol!! Have a good one peeps.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Good evening all

Out earlier again today because Gary had another dentist appointment at 1.30 pm. Just one more to go on Monday and that should finish off the root canal job

Still can't find a NHS dentist so have emailed NHS England to see if they can come up with a solution, but I'm not holding my breath

I called and got a price list from a private dentist a couple of doors down from his usual dentist and for the root canal job he's just had done it would be £1500. To register they need an initial consultation at a cost of £150. The amount of work Gary has done in a year I reckon would cost 4-5 thousand. Who the heck can afford that?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 09:46 PM
Chris not sure if this is a possibility with Gary but my sister has always taken J my nephew to the
dental hospital as that is where they treat with people with special needs. Is that a possibility for Gary? He goes to regular NHS dentist but is always referred for work to Dental hospital. Is that a possibility if there is a dental hospital near you that is?

Also is not the dentist you now use not required to inform you of NHS dentists nearby?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2023, 09:55 PM
I assume Chris you have used this site https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-dentist

Some dental practices although not receiving new NHS patients DO ACCEPT NHS patients referred by another dentist so may be worth asking his current dentist if they have a "gentleman's" agreement with another practice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >