Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2023, 05:53 AM

Fishy Friday 16th June 2023

Morning all. Hope Freya takes her meds ok today. Hope everyone else has a good day. Warm again this morning so off out before it gets warmer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2023, 06:40 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
OOh yes brenda get home before the temps soar again.

Eventually Mark and Lauren are getting Freya's meds down in her milk. She is doing much better, Lauren however is not and ended up at the local hospital to see someone as she was being sick and has a nasty yellow lump on her tongue and a rash.
They have said either chickenpox or viral, gave her some special cream for the spot on the tongue and to keep taking the penicillin they doubt whether she has suddenly become allergic.
We have everything crossed Mark stays well and Lauren and Freya are well for our holiday on the 26th.

We think we have finally found a name for the puppy. I found his kennel name last night, we knew they would be named after beers that are no longer in circulation, Andy works in the brewery industry. All old ales I believe.
His affix is Oakbern. So we think we will go with Brewster, it incorporates the beer side of the name and also his affix.

Off out with Beth later for brunch, Gorden will be laying the spare room floor after getting up the cheap and nasty carpet.

griff I hope you are feeling better.
Sue I hope you might have a calm day today.
Kazz I bet Burty is having a lovely holiday with you.
Chris enjoy your breakfast with Dave and Teddy. Is Gary ok and everything is working well for him at the moment ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2023, 08:11 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you enjoyed your walk

Enjoy your catchup Lynn and hope the flooring goes well for Gorden Pleased Freya is now taking her medicine and hope Lauren is soon better too. Fingers crossed Mark doesn't go down with it too.

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and veg done for lunch. Yesterday evening we had the youngest granddaughter here whilst Maria went to gymnastics. She and I made Brigadiero, a Brazilian sweet. Unfortunately she told me wrong and I did not look up th recipe so it did not set. I sent her home with it in a bottle to drink Will give it another go without her help and if it works will do it again with her. She is really missing her mum and just enjoys one on one time and was upset when the rest of the family arrived to pick her up.

Take care everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2023, 08:17 AM
Yep been for a lovely long walk. Being a nosey person Lynn, I have tried looking up Oakbern but to no avail. Do they have a website? Hope you don't mind me asking?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2023, 11:56 AM
Good afternoon all

Went out earlier again today. It's getting hotter now the wind had dropped

We sit in the shade at the cafe and Ted has a cold, damp towel over him in the worst of it (I take 4 Teddy sized wet towels out with us). We come back the road way as it's in shade.

We have ordered an umbrella holder for the scooter now (yes we are still on a shade quest for Ted) but it won't come for another 4 or 5 weeks as it's coming from China.

Gary is being Gary, Lynn. Full of complaints. He had a temporary filling on Monday and his top lip is swelled double. Emergency appointment today probably for a scrip for antibiotic. Permanent filling goes in next week hopefully

This weather is my least favourite. I like warm weather with a breeze, but when the breeze drops, I find it too uncomfortable so the 'umbrella' if it works will be a bonus for both Ted and me
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Pity our younest is missing her mum, it is beyond me why she doesn't come over and stay,seems very strange to me. Usually when people get married they want to live together but she uses any excuse not to, or so it appears to me. I don't think she realises how this affects everyone over here.
Maybe her mum has something to do with it as she would be left with no one at home and get lonely ,so clinging on to her daughter is her only option instead of letting go.

Brazilian family life is so different to us in the UK. They all tend to cling together and don't like it if one breaks away from the family group
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Lovely catch up with Beth. Gorden doing well with the flooring.
brenda no website her first time as a Bernese breeder and Izzy's only litter, there might be another breeding in 2 to 3 years time when one of the girls she is keeping is old enough to be bred from.
This litter has been sold via word of mouth no advertising needed, I was lucky to have found out and been considered let alone get a puppy.

She is well known in Bernese circles and is a judge.

Lauren is finding it difficult to get the cream needed for her tongue.

Barry it is hard.