Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 07:27 AM

Wispey Wednesday 14th June 2023

Morning all. Yep a few wispey clouds but the sun is out and quite warm when I went for an early morning walk. Itchy eyes today so I know I am in for a sneezy day. Hope all is well with you all and Freya getting better by the day. Had a power cut last evening right in the middle of watching Dalziel.grr!! Have a good one everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2023, 09:40 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Warm here too brenda.
Freya is very slowly getting better but they are having trouble getting the ab's down and losing more than going in. Having to pin her down causing them all distress.
Lauren has rung the surgery to see if they can prescribe a more palatable ab and asked for a phone appointment to see if she needs a throat swab as she is now showing symptoms.
I can see they will all have been through it soon, we go on holiday all of us in 1.5 weeks time.
Michael is coming to visit soon. He took legal advice regarding the way he was laid off and got a payment.
He was waiting to make sure it got paid out before booking a break here so messaged to check dates we are around. Most have gone into his savings, some he used for his new venture he is hoping to get off the ground and a new tool regarding enhancing his wine knowledge.
Slightly less manic day here today and we start the spare room flooring maybe later or tomorrow.

brenda hope the itchy eyes will stop itching soon.

Hope everyone is well and relaxing.
Kazz glad Burty is settling in.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 10:36 AM
Well, the highlight of my morning was tesco coming and sending back a tare and share bread. It was like a brick. Date was use before 14th, which is today. Even the delivery chap had a wry laugh about it. Have a good afternoon peeps.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 11:11 AM
Good afternoon Lynn and Brenda

Hope itchy eye have improved Brenda

Pleased Freya is slightly improved. Feel for her parents having to struggle getting the ab's down but it get worse once they are older and you can't pin them down it then turns to bribes of a chocolate if you take it which seems to work for me. Hope flooring goes well.

Lovely morning here. Out early with Teazle as not on morning duty and then a bit of deadheading. School run this afternoon

Take are everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2023, 11:55 AM
Oh no brenda bet you were looking forward to that tear and share bread too.

That's nice Sue the morning off.
They tried all the bribes Sue and nothing worked.
Lauren spoke to a different Dr, who has a 1 year old and fully appreciated the struggle.
She has changed the ab's to a more palatable version although they may not work as well but better something goes down rather than half of the dose. They will review it in 7 days.
She has also prescribed Lauren ab's without the swab test to be on the safe side.
Lauren is feeling happier.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon all

We went a little bit earlier this morning and it was quite cool as we have an easterly blowing. The back garden is way too hot now though so Ted goes out on lead as it's a nightmare getting him back in without it. We will go out for a long play about half past six when the garden goes into shade

Unfortunately, he's not foody so treats aren't worth coming in for and he prefers playing by himself to playing with us. I'm working on it, but at his breeders all five dogs did their own thing and it's a habit with him now. One of the drawbacks of getting him at 12 weeks instead of a little younger, but we'll get him there

It sounds like little Freya has a mind of her own too, Lynn. Prehaps if all childrens' meds tasted like chocolate it would be easier

The sunshade finally arrived and is now in the bin. It was only £20 from this seller so not a great deal lost, but one gust of wind and the thing would have been unsafe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 12:54 PM
Chris the collie that I trained recently was like that and had to be on lead in the garden. Now she is brilliant. Persevere.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 01:19 PM
He's on lead most of the time when we go out Brenda.

We've already broken a lot of bad habits in the two weeks we've had him, but this one is the biggie. We'll get there as he continues to settle fully in
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Oh sorry the sun shade was rubbish Chris.

I don't think Freya even wanted chocolate she has felt so unwell and such a sore mouth.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2023, 03:49 PM
Ulcers are terrible. They hurt like crazy. No wonder she is feeling so unwell and doesn't want to put anything in her mouth. Poor little mite
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >