Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2023, 08:41 AM

Warm Saturday.

Good morning it is very warm here today.
Plenty of washing to get out and dried and aired.
We sold the big tent and some other camping bits on ebay Thursday and it is being picked up today.
Have to wait for the money as it sits with ebay for a short while and as soon as the buying party says its all as it should be the money will be released.
Bit of a pain but it will be out of the way.

Freya didn't have a good night so Lauren didn't either, and Mark is feeling unwell but that could be stress and tiredness.
griff yes it is highly contagious and we will take extra care and we have been told we cannot go over to even relieve them till she is better.
We will have her with us to go out for a coupe of days to give them a rest if they need it when we all go away at the end of the month, or give them a couple of date nights and we will take over Freya she is used to enough now for us to be able to do that.

Happy Birthday Kazz I believe today. A significant one at that. :

griff I hope you feel better today.
Chris hope you, Dave and Teddy are enjoying the lovely sunshine, guessing it's a little cooler on the coast ?
brenda I hope you have a lovely walk and an enjoyable day. How is Margaret and her daughter ?
Sue hoping it will be a quiet weekend for you.
Kazz have a lovely weekend.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2023, 08:58 AM
Good morning Lynn
Sorry Freya is ill and that her parents seem to have caught it too. Hope they are soon better. Yes better to stay away and then you can catch up and enjoy Freya time.

Take it easy Kelly and hope you ae feeling better.

Happy BIrthday Kazz hope you have an enjoyable day.

Well my nice quiet day seems to have been changed Just got a phone call from youngest to say they are here for dinner as it seems that gymnastics is finishing early because of the heat. Tomorrow I am going to my sister for lunch so a fairly early start and a latish return home. It is about a two hour journey one way

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Morning Sue.
We are going to spend this week doing some more jobs in the house. The front fence is almost finished and should be finished tomorrow now as we are not Freya sitting.
We also have Monday off too, so hoping to do the flooring in the spare room and the kitchen.
One good thing about not having huge rooms. You can sort them quicker.

Sorry your peaceful day has been turned upside down. Enjoy lunch with your sister tomorrow and have a safe journey.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2023, 11:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZZ and good afternoon all

We finally have sunshine - yay. That dratted wind is actually welcome today as it's keeping the temperature safe for Teddy to be out and about

We've ordered a sun canopy for my mobility scooter which should be here next week so that I can keep him out of the sun when he is on my knee. Whether it's any good is yet to be confirmed as it was cheap as chips.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2023, 11:22 AM
Afternoon Chris. That's a good idea a sun canopy for the mobility scooter.
Fingers crossed it is good.
We have no breeze as such here so it is very warm, 26 in the shade.
The bungalow is nice and cool, we have the canopy out over the back and I have now pulled the blinds down a bit more as the sun is moving round.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2023, 11:48 AM
Good Birthday afternoon people.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes.

Have been out for breakfast with the family and thoroughly enjoyed my eggs benedict. Out for meal later tonight with friends Miller & Carter s reasonably safe all round for all tastes. Hot here but very nice.

Small hiccup in birthday prezzies brother booked 13th June yes but for 2024 not 2023 so we are going there next year as an end to my 60th and start to my 61st Year LOL Only thing not booked for 2024 were the train tickets but he has changed them to the appropriate year now. LOL Will make it a talking point in family memory anyhow.

I am surrounded by flowers sent by friends and family and lots of presents very thoughtful from homemade white chocolate fudge to a lovely bramble jam and a smashing (from previous experience) piccalilli, quite a few plants including two rose trees one pink one red, and two lovely plants both pink, as well as a lovely cross/chain from my brother and his wife (I lost mine a few years ago on a stay in hospital) he brought that one when I was 21 so nice he replicated the gift.

Also had a nice recliner reading chair from my sister and brother in law. Plus lots of vouchers for Garden Centres, Argos, M&S and various shops I frequent been to the great outdoors after breakfast and brought a pair of walking boots with some vouchers.

So feeling spoilt and very loved and while I was out at breakfast the neighbours put 60 banners on my gate and brought me a cup cake with a candle and sang happy birthday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2023, 12:52 PM
Good Birthday afternoon Kazz.
Ha ha at your brother booking the wrong year. Never mind something to look forward too.
What a lovely amount of presents and such a variety.
Enjoy the rest of your day and your meal this evening.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2023, 01:11 PM
Your brother is never going to live that down Kazz