View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 05:44 PM
LOL I wondered whether she was ignoring me!! lol I thought I pretty sure I haven’t said anything to offend her!!!

sarah xxxxx
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
I don't think so Abbas, in addition, if the dog looks like it is classed under the DDA, it may be sent back... at your own expense.
The dog is a Presa and it has breeders papers to say the breed off the dog etc is presa on the DDA?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:35 PM
am I having a dumb momement (no replies to that please! ) but I just looked here http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...info/other.htm and USA is on the list

Sorry if I am getting confused...lol
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I think there is a member of DW in the process of importing a dog into the UK I cant remember who though. I know that the pup will be at least 8 months because 6 months has to pass before the dog can enter the uk after all the tests and injections.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:15 PM
yeah they have to have the rabbies shot and everything then you wait 6 months and have a bloodtest and if it shows they are immune then you are good to go...So if you were getting a puppy from another country that does the pet passport scheme it would have everything done and have the six month wait in it's own country and then would be allowed to travell here if the tests all come back ok.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Abbas_786
The dog is a Presa and it has breeders papers to say the breed off the dog etc is presa on the DDA?
This is the DDA - (1) This section applies to- (a) any dog of they type known as the pit bull terrier; (b) any dog of the type known as the Japanese Tosa; and (c) any dog of any type designated for the purposes of this section by an order of the Secretary of State, being a type appearing to him to be bred for fighting or to have the characteristics of a type bred for that purpose.
So if a Presa was originally breed for fighting, or looks as if it was, it may be a problem if it was not you should have no problem. You will find that it takes about 9 months for a dog to become eligible for importation to the UK from a designated country, about the same as going through quarantine.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:56 PM
We are importing a dog next year, the breeder is keeping him till he is 10 months old and has had all his blood tests.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 05:12 AM
Think he will need tests just before he leaves, think it is within 48 hours.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2005, 07:15 AM
No quarantine needed if entering this country on the pets passport scheme
Is just abit costly with the things that have to be done at the vets before the animal can fly
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Kirsty
I have a dog in quarentine at the moment, he is due out in 11 Days. Unfortunatly the guy i brought him from smuggled him into the country. Me being nieve belived all he said about his paperwork being sent to me in the near future, and handed the guy 850 pounds. i had the little guy for a couple of months and when i was getting two of my other pups checked out at the vets i took him along to show him off. Thats when it was discoverd he was too young to have done the pets passport and obviously had not done quarentine. my vet had to inform Defra and ten minutes after retuning home i had trading standards knocking on my door and my pup was put into a sealed box and taken to quarentine kennels. I was then told he had 15 days and if i didnt want to pay the quarentine bill he would be destroyed. I took out a bank loan and i visit him weekly, he is due out on 27th july . he is one lucky little fellow.
I would like to say the quarentine is hard but i was lucky , because the one my pup went to treated them as though they were there own. i think he has been very happy and loved. i originally thought of importing a dog, and decided against it as the thought of quarentine put me off. My veiws have changed having the situation forced on me, the quarentine system is harsh but the people who work in the kennels are true animal lovers and the best part of there day is being with the dogs.
I think if you have quarentine kennels near you you should check them out, i have bonded well with my dog over the months, i dont think i would have done the same had he not been closer.
But in answer to your question there is a protocol for pets. and you can have the animals injected against rabies, blood tested. and again six months after to see if they have the antibodies and microchipped and at the age of tem months it should be able to come over on pet passport. the paperwork has to be spot on, or your dog will end up doing time anyway. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do. and heres the website of my pups quarentine kennels in bedford. do give them a ring they will be happy to give you infomation. http://www.fourinhand.co.uk/home.htm
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >