Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Vix
Ok just a query....in my local advertiser paper there are kc registered bulldogs for sale from £1500!!!! Is this not an awful lot of money?!?!? (not that i know anything about bull breed prices but i was shocked to see this being sold in the back of a paper) Do kc dogs have to be pedigree?!?!? Also i would assume that a dog worth that amount of money would come from a very reputable breeder???? And surely wouldn't need to be advertised in a local paper?
I am only asking out of curiosity....excuse my ignorance...just interested!
Thanks Vix
£1500 is cheap for a bulldog.Price is set by supply and demand and so if people are willing to pay that price people will charge it.
As for local papers...I know of a very nice reputable breeder who has advertised in a free ads paper.She words her ads carefully and gives potential buyers the 1000 questions when they phone.Its not where they are advertised that shows a reputable breeder although good breeders always have a waiting list BEFORE breeding but the care with which the buyers are chosen.
As for KC reg....there are 2 types.The one used most is the breed register and YES dogs do have to be pedigree to be registered on it.Both parents have to be registered in order to register a litter they have bred and owners of both bitch and dog have to sign a legal document saying that the mating took place between the 2 dogs stated on the pedigree.
The other registry is the working register and any dog can be registered on it.
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks Archer. I was just so shocked thats dogs can be so expensive but then i guess if i didn't know much about the breed then how would i know. Thanks for your information. It's always nice to learn something new.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2005, 10:29 AM
It's one heck of a lot of money for a dog!
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Can't understand why any one would want to pay all that money for something that doesn't do much except make piles for you to pick up, its not like there eye candy is it.

I've got a mate who's just bought a part trained springer, he didn't pay no where near as much as people pay for bulldogs, and at least his new dog can do some thing useful
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3