View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks iwlass i do totally agree. Personally i wouldn't want to spend that much money on a dog advertised in the back of a free paper. Thats only personal choice. Also it was shocking the amount of non pedigree huskies that were for sale and husky cross gsd for shocking prices. I have to admitt though i have only learnt most of thre things i know through coming on DW.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Ment to add sex or colour shouldnt even come into it (although I do know it does happen) if I had done that it would have been like saying well this pups nice because its black and female and the rest are inferior, I still say folk are being robbed paying up to £1000 for an Olde Tyme Bulldog - I wouldnt pay it, and I wouldnt expect people to come here and pay it either - Not that I have a litter anyways or even have plans to breed again, but I would feel so cheeky charging that I really would ought to be ashamed of themselves, no wonder our dogs have such a bad reputation with people charging that much.
bolty
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-07-2005, 09:54 PM
people do charge that and people pay it thats how it is
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Many a time you see adverts in my local tabloid for dogs with no pedigree or health tests etc for £500 plus! But like someone said, someone will pay it.
A friend of mine had someone selling dogue de bordeaux for £1200, even I thought that was a bit pricey?
I don't mind paying good money for a dog, £500 +, but in the dog world I like to get what I pay for! After all with any luck the dog will be with you for 15 years!
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
thats cheap ..i have seen then sell for £2500 plus
that is crazy!!! why on earth would they want to charge so much for their puppies!! OMG that has shocked the hell outta me
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2005, 12:57 PM
It also stops idiots getting there hands on them, if the dog is more expensive... the more the better.

£1500 is cheaper than some other breeders sell them for
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 02:08 PM
i think its very wrong to sell any dog for over 1000 pounds!

Im sorry no offence but of all the breeds, the british bulldog is one no one should spend much money on!

for a top staffie u would pay 800 pounds at the very most! they come with my less health problems and less vets bills too!

I do like british bulldogs but would never own one!

I want and olde tyme, dorset or romany bulldog! beautiful breeds!
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Kirsty i have to disagree. I know a few people with more money than sense. Unfortunately if something is expensive they think its worth having. Maybe only a minority but still...
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2005, 06:19 PM
I know someone that has paid just under £2000 for their Bulldog, I know the kind of people they are and I know the poor thing will end up being bred out because they are the kind of people that want to see a return on the money that they have paid out.

It makes me so mad
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 08:19 AM
breeders can really chage what they like i suppose if ther are people willing to pay that , some x breeds are going for 1 hell of a price too and nonpapered dogs . mind you saying that there are some unscrupulous breeders out there who just breed for the money .
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >