Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by griff
well if it was me and i found the dog knowing it's history of being returned repeatedly to it's owners after ending up at the police station i would lure it away and take it to dogs trust.that way the owners have to pay to get it back.it makes me hopping mad.glad you and your dog are o.k. though
thing is Griff - its a really friendly dog - if I hadnt had bruno with me I probably would have - next time.....
I ended up giving the police station the staffie rescue number and asking them if it came in again to contact them before contacting the owner - not sure of the legalities of it though -
dani
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 09:41 PM
it would pee me off too,, we have a few strays wander around here and its a blooming shame
people who are not prepared to take care of their dogs and treat them with resect shouldnt be allowed to keep them
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Is that at the pets a t home at Corstorphine? I know someone at the police station next door if it is. Can have a word about it if you want.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 08:38 AM
thanks - have pmd u .
dani
Sarah L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
what else can I do though
Why do some people own dogs.dani
Hi there

These people obvioulsy shouldn't have the dog so why don't you pick it up if you can and take it to a shelter miles away so they can't get it back and the wee dog gets a second chance. I did this not that long ago. I was sick taking this little staffy back to the owners house and them just giving it a row as if it was the dogs fault there was a hole in the fence!!! Eventually after about the fifth time I took it to a shelter about 10 miles away and I know she has been rehomed to a lovely family as the kennel hand told me. Its a shame and its sad but I felt sorry for the dog and it wouldn't have been long before it was hit by a lorry. The cheeky people asked me about 3 weeks after this if I had seen her!!! I just said No and walked away. This does my nut in! I also found out from the local shop that they were buying out of date dog food for her and this is why she was so skinny I bet. Looked like a whippet.

The dog wardens are at a loss if the people go to pick up the dog. He had taken her back a few times too. But his warnings werent enough.

Sarah
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 09:29 PM
i agree Sarah and to be honest if it happens again I will - I would have taken it this time if I hadnt had brunster with me. I see it quite a lot and it always runs to pets at home -porbably cos its hungry - judging by how skinny it is - so if i have the opportinity again, then I certainly will as its just too sad - its such a busy road and one of these days its goign to get knocked down. I have tried to think of situations that would excuse the owners - ie: hole in the fence or jumping the fence - but if this were the case you would be out looking for it - whereas they just seem to wait til it turns up at police station and go and retrieve it /...

its not on!!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 10:09 PM
It makes me so mad Why do these people let there dogs run about loose they are obviously not bothered about it getting hit by a car or something! They deserve to have their dog taken away and to not be allowed animals in the future!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 12:02 AM
i agree with others hit them in the pocket, i would not rehome some1 dog with out them knowing but i think that if they had to pay toget it back they either would not do it again or leave it there and some1 eles that loves it may get it

poor dogs
Sarah L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Poor wee dog, let me know how you get on Brundog. No dog should have to scour the streets in search of food. My motto is 'I chose them, they didn't choose to come with me so I have to look after them.' Its how it should be.

Sarah
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2